So, tell me all that happened in your life during my sabbatical..

Wilbur

Everyone developed a complex, feeling that you now hated us.  Well, I did, anyway.

I dicked around, found a new apartment, got a new gf, and am feeling all drab and washed out because of tiredness and the weather.  There is some carryover PTSD from the pandemic and political stupidity of last year, too.  

What did you do?

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Lots of home progress on having our custom home built.  This is all that I have been doing.  

There may be an update this weekend.  :D

We have missed your contributions.  Did you have a nive trip?  I assume you are backfroma sailing adventure.

Forgive the typos.  I hurt my finger and I think my space bar is failing too.  Bah!

• Heart 3

Got voluntold as the Scoutmaster of our Scout troop.  That was a fun year during a pandemic.
Work has been awesome.  Lots of growth which is always good.  Hired quite a few new people, which is also good, esp. during a pandemic.
Youngest son turned 16 and got his license so I am now looking to buy a 4th car.....  Ouch.
We adopted a dog from Australia, and he walks on the ceiling.  Okay, that last part is fake.  He walks on the floor.

• Heart 3

I continued to work out with my trainer..people died..the 79 year old marketing person finally moved on at work. I managed to find someone to bring covid shots to my work and I had rotator cuff surgery... I lost about 18 pounds but gained a few back while recovering..have you had Sea Salt Caramel Gelato?  It did Wonders for my pain.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

31 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Speaking of which do you still have Oreo. 

I do, from the time I left him in he stayed away from the door and had no intentions of being an outside cat. The day after my wife died he spilled his water dish. I refilled it and he spilled it again. I went out on the deck to get his heavy metal water dish and he followed me. We walked down off the deck and took off. He stayed away for two weeks. I decided I didn’t like cleaning the litter box anyway so when he came back I went back to feeding him outside.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I waited a year (and a little) and sold the Bend house after Mrs Scrapr passed. I like Bend & the house there a lot. But the pandemic really isolated me (beyond not having the company of my wife). The listing went live on a Friday. There were a kajillion showings. On Monday afternoon we had 13 offers in hand. i chose one. I bought a home back in the area that I had 30+ years in with lots of friends & work associates. The new house is even better than I expected. Very walkable with a nature trail that connects to the neighborhood. Lots of parks. 2 within about 200' (that is 61 meters in Canadian) In December of '19 our Golden passed. I lasted about 2 months before I got another Golden. She is as much therapy dog & companion. I started dating in January & found a special one pretty quickly. In about 2 and a half weeks it will be 2 years since Mrs Scrapr passed. This last year has been a year of growth. My life is much different. I miss her very much

2021-04-28 10.49.35.jpg

2021-04-10 17.54.57.jpg

Looking good!

:D

• Heart 2

Not too much with me. A couple driving vacations with BuffCarla, one to the Hudson Valley and one to the Outer Banks. No air travel yet.  My dad passed away in January, so spending a week a month with my Mom, helping her transition. Bought running shoes and am exploring that form of evil. 

• Heart 2

Despite working with the public, I did well until Covid bit me in December. Fortunately, not severe. 
We have been doing some long neglected upgrades to the exterior of the house. 
I made the decision a few weeks ago that this will be my last year with our company. I’ve been there 15 years. No ill will, just time to move on. Planning to work at home after that with an job that I can take with me to Arizona when we are ready to move. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Lots of home progress on having our custom home built.  This is all that I have been doing.  

There may be an update this weekend.  :D

We have missed your contributions.  Did you have a nive trip?  I assume you are backfroma sailing adventure.

Forgive the typos.  I hurt my finger and I think my space bar is failing too.  Bah!

Yay!  New houses are always fun. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I was the primary care giver full time for my wife for at least 15 months and then she died. I’m trying to get my life back together but it’s tough. During the time I was taking care of her I had two heart attacks with a week in the horse spittle each time and some stents. I think stress may have had something to do with it.

Sorry to hear and that I wasn't here to support you, LJ. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I waited a year (and a little) and sold the Bend house after Mrs Scrapr passed. I like Bend & the house there a lot. But the pandemic really isolated me (beyond not having the company of my wife). The listing went live on a Friday. There were a kajillion showings. On Monday afternoon we had 13 offers in hand. i chose one. I bought a home back in the area that I had 30+ years in with lots of friends & work associates. The new house is even better than I expected. Very walkable with a nature trail that connects to the neighborhood. Lots of parks. 2 within about 200' (that is 61 meters in Canadian) In December of '19 our Golden passed. I lasted about 2 months before I got another Golden. She is as much therapy dog & companion. I started dating in January & found a special one pretty quickly. In about 2 and a half weeks it will be 2 years since Mrs Scrapr passed. This last year has been a year of growth. My life is much different. I miss her very much

2021-04-28 10.49.35.jpg

2021-04-10 17.54.57.jpg

So much news packed into that.  I doubt we ever stop missing the ones that pass but you seem to be moving in a good direction. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I just passed a Cisco test so my company can process enterprise agreements.  I am the default test taker at my company for anything salesy or procedural in nature, they were stoked when I made them eligible to sell HPE Greenlake, too.

I knew they would eventually find the "et" to follow "ass".  It just takes time. :) 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Not too much with me. A couple driving vacations with BuffCarla, one to the Hudson Valley and one to the Outer Banks. No air travel yet.  My dad passed away in January, so spending a week a month with my Mom, helping her transition. Bought running shoes and am exploring that form of evil. 

Sorry about your Dad, Jim.  Enoy life!  I don't see where running fits into that though. ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Despite working with the public, I did well until Covid bit me in December. Fortunately, not severe. 
We have been doing some long neglected upgrades to the exterior of the house. 
I made the decision a few weeks ago that this will be my last year with our company. I’ve been there 15 years. No ill will, just time to move on. Planning to work at home after that with an job that I can take with me to Arizona when we are ready to move. 

Sounds like a great plan, gw. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

My 21 year old cat passed away, and I got a new cat that was a street cat rescued by my sister.  The cat seems to be adjusting to her new home.

IMG_5436.JPG

Awe, sorry to hear about your cat but 21 years!  Wow, what a great run.   Love the new girl, Kirby.  What is her name? 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Went back to college (online not "old-school"). Just finished a Masters Certificate in Risk Management. We bought a house instead of renting another year. It's in the rural part of VA. Quiet with nice people, good riding area with vineyards, wineries, and horse farms.

Good for you, Old. Sounds like you found a perfect location.  Are you done at the credit union?