I need a church key

Airehead

Some of us have to work tonight.  I ordered Mexican stuff to thank people.  The Cokes they sent have old-fashioned lids that are not twist off.  People need a bottle opener.  No one has one.  Ideas

• Sad 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

I used to have keys to the church. They have lots of bottle openers in the kitchen. When I quit the cafe I turned in all my keys.

Do you have plans to go back to the cafe?  If so, I need a church key.  Letting everyone eat now without me spoiling their fun.  We will get to work in 15 minutes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Do you have plans to go back to the cafe?  If so, I need a church key.  Letting everyone eat now without me spoiling their fun.  We will get to work in 15 minutes.

Always a good idea to have one old school bolted to the wall bottle opener.  We have a coca cola one right on the center divider between the two swing out windows over the kitchen sink.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

The pastor said they saved me a spot. I don’t know if I want to get back into that or not. It’s a lot of work.

• Heart 2

57 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Esther had one of those in the cabinet I cleaned out today. I don’t know what she used it for?

My Mom had one that she would sometimes use to open a box or to cut a tag off  some clothing.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

Some of us have to work tonight.  I ordered Mexican stuff to thank people.  The Cokes they sent have old-fashioned lids that are not twist off.  People need a bottle opener.  No one has one.  Ideas

Before last year, we’d use a 9mm opener.

• Heart 2

When I was in Chicago going to IIT in the 70's, we used to buy a cheap, Mexican beer in glass bottles that had an indentation in the bottom that you used as your bottle opener to open another bottle.  I wouldn't be surprised to see such an arrangement in any Mexican stuff with non-twist-off bottle caps.

• Heart 1

One of my prouder moments in life.  We were camping, Griffin must have been about 4 or 5.  I was setting up a tent.  (this was pre-campers).  I grabbed a long neck bottle of Coors Light out of the cooler and put the edge on the lip of my trailer rail.  I smacked down on the bottle and the top flipped up and I caught it and took a big swig of brew.  Griffin was watching the whole thing and he just said "Niiiiiice".  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

One of my prouder moments in life.  We were camping, Griffin must have been about 4 or 5.  I was setting up a tent.  (this was pre-campers).  I grabbed a long neck bottle of Coors Light out of the cooler and put the edge on the lip of my trailer rail.  I smacked down on the bottle and the top flipped up and I caught it and took a big swig of brew.  Griffin was watching the whole thing and he just said "Niiiiiice".  

this is awesome

• Heart 1

Our Thule bike rack wrench has an opener on one end. It’s always in the glove box. And we have an opener that looks like a bulldog on the back wall. 
What did your group think of the sugar sweetened soft drinks? 

9F0EB924-6782-4810-90FC-68CFE22CE5B1.jpeg

• Heart 1