I need a car key

Dottleshead

Well, I want a keyless remote key.  I have a standard old key and the car is already rigged for the remote.  Not going to the dealer.  Car is almost 20 years old.  Need a good after market place.  Any suggestions?  I know Ace hardware does them.  Locksmith's do them.  Who do you recommend?

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

Well, I want a keyless remote key.  I have a standard old key and the car is already rigged for the remote.  Not going to the dealer.  Car is almost 20 years old.  Need a good after market place.  Any suggestions?  I know Ace hardware does them.  Locksmith's do them.  Who do you recommend?

My current car, bought new in 2013, is my first with a keyless remote.  I've gotten so used to it there are a couple times I approached my house door with two arms full of groceries, keys in one hand, and pressed the car remote out of habit to try to unlock the door!  Then I'd have to remember to re-lock the car door.

So I wonder if I should ask the contractor to put a remote-controlled lock on my back (closest to the kitchen) door?  Probably cheaper to do it myself if I decide to do so.

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

My current car, bought new in 2013, is my first with a keyless remote.  I've gotten so used to it there are a couple times I approached my house door with two arms full of groceries, keys in one hand, and pressed the car remote out of habit to try to unlock the door!  Then I'd have to remember to re-lock the car door.

So I wonder if I should ask the contractor to put a remote-controlled lock on my back (closest to the kitchen) door?  Probably cheaper to do it myself if I decide to do so.

August lock.  Goes right over your existing deadbolt, so there's still a key from outside if you want to use it.  But it opens by bluetooth.  With the WiFi adapter, you can open or close it from anywhere in the .world.  You can text message a key to anyone.  And it connects to Google Home, Alexa, Siri, Smartthings.