TIB

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

It's a start.

Keep in mind that stove top roasting is much more work-intensive, so don't get discouraged if you find it a lot of work.

Yup.  I've watched severoal videos so far and there is a manual as well.  I've roasted coffee in a pan before and wasn't impressed.  This, as you stated, is just a start.

Couch

My advice....don't roast indoors.

Get a cheap camping stove, like a coleman 442, and do it outdoors....balconey if you have one.

From my experience, pan roasting doesn't shoot chaff up as much as oven or hot air poppers do. Hot air poppers are the worst.

Yup.  I've watched severoal videos so far and there is a manual as well.  I've roasted coffee in a pan before and wasn't impressed.  This, as you stated, is just a start.

Couch

I definitely liked the pan roasted coffee less than when I got the roaster, but it will be a fun adventure to get started. It's nice to know you roasted it yourself. It's a little like growing your own food or something. There's a sense of "I did this". :)

Enjoy the adventure. :)

yeah, but it really doesn't take a lot to make a mess. 

edit: BTW, much thanks for those links.....got it loaded last night.  Will be doing the work tonight and tomorrow. 

I never had a problem with a mess except for when I was using the popcorn poppers. They shoot it up into the air, so it's not contained.