My passport expired and I have no international trips planned

Randomguy

Just now, Randomguy said:

When should I get a new one?

Thanks for bringing this important topic to attention, RE!

Renew it ASAP!  Things are opening up fast for folks like you.  Get out while the crowds are down, and enjoy!

My US passport is good until 2026, and I try on Sunday to hit CVS for my Moderna shot.  Baby steps to freedom!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Renew it ASAP!  Things are opening up fast for folks like you.  Get out while the crowds are down, and enjoy!

My US passport is good until 2026, and I try on Sunday to hit CVS for my Moderna shot.  Baby steps to freedom!

My last trip internationally was to London in 2011.  That is a long time to not exercise my freedoms!

Just now, Randomguy said:

My last trip internationally was to London in 2011.  That is a long time to go nowhere else.

I recently had a wedding in Germany and a trip Down Under, but not much since :(  Last year my Spain trip was cancelled :( and I'm hoping getting my shot this weekend frees up the second half of the year for a trip back to Europe - whether Spain or elsewhere.  But we'll see.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I recently had a wedding in Germany and a trip Down Under, but not much since :(  Last year my Spain trip was cancelled :( and I'm hoping getting my shot this weekend frees up the second half of the year for a trip back to Europe - whether Spain or elsewhere.  But we'll see.

I was in Spain in 2000 or 2001 or so, the Barcelona airport and then about 10 days in Ibiza,  Australia and NZ in 2003.  I liked Australia and NZ, and would live in either place if I had the chance, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I was in Spain in 2000 or 2001 or so, the Barcelona airport and then about 10 days in Ibiza,  Australia and NZ in 2003.  I liked Australia and NZ, and would live in either place if I had the chance, I suppose.

Other than Vegas, I have never been in a place where I thought sunscreen might not be enough to prevent me being cooked.  I remember in Sydney have the tiniest patch of skin get cooked by summer sunlight where I must have missed a spot with sunscreen.  Only Vegas in the summer made me feels that way too.

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It's much easier to renew than to let it lapse and get another later.

• Heart 1

40 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

When should I get a new one?

Thanks for bringing this important topic to attention, RE!

Immediately. You are more interesting than the most interesting man in the world. We look forward to hearing of your worldly travels and stories of trysts w/ interesting wimmens  :popcorn:

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My last trip internationally was to London in 2011.  That is a long time to not exercise my freedoms!

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/TV-evangelist-Kenneth-Copeland--510809861.html

If you exercise your rights, you will need an exorcist.  Just saying.  If you want to sit in a tube full of demons, more power to ya! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Personally I like to keep my passport valid in case I need to make a quick exit of the country for some reason....

...like...

46 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

trysts w/ interesting wimmens 

So, yeah, RG - and RO as well - need PASSPORTS! 

• Heart 1

I heard somewhere about difficulty in getting passports - I think my nephew Ryan needs a renewed one: he graduated from high school but is still eligible to travel with his former AP Spanish teacher Tracy's student trips to Spanish speaking countries in the summers - the last one was Spain, the next one may be Central America over the Christmas break or Summer 2022.  He was on the football team and would know many of the girls going, so I guess he'll be lookin' for love in all the Hispanic places.

If his Spanish teacher wasn't married, I think I'd go too!

880490992_TracyBauerAPSpanishforRyanSPHS.jpg.1741b1b81a6d5cdf276c6d363fc22998.jpg

June 2019 Graduation, Tracy and Ryan High Five:

38834150_RyanStageHighFiveTracyBauer_clar_sat_900p_crop.jpg.4559eed8130c69a13f72b974a23fbddf.jpg

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I heard somewhere about difficulty in getting passports - I think my nephew Ryan needs a renewed one: he graduated from high school but is still eligible to travel with his former AP Spanish teacher Tracy's student trips to Spanish speaking countries in the summers - the last one was Spain, the next one may be Central America over the Christmas break or Summer 2022.  He was on the football team and would know many of the girls going, so I guess he'll be lookin' for love in all the Hispanic places.

If his Spanish teacher wasn't married, I think I'd go too!

880490992_TracyBauerAPSpanishforRyanSPHS.jpg.1741b1b81a6d5cdf276c6d363fc22998.jpg

June 2019 Graduation, Tracy and Ryan High Five:

38834150_RyanStageHighFiveTracyBauer_clar_sat_900p_crop.jpg.4559eed8130c69a13f72b974a23fbddf.jpg

Maybe his Spanish teach can get a "free" weekend ala Billy gates

3 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Does your driver's license have the Real ID mark on it? If not, the passport will work so that you can fly domestically also.

Personally I like to keep my passport valid in case I need to make a quick exit of the country for some reason....

The Real ID initiative got pushed back again. I want to say to 2023 but fact check me on the date.  

But yeah for a quick escape out of the country gonna need that passport.

Valid until 2027.  I use it on all domestic flights...lots of Canadians do use it also for same.  I see them in the plane lineups with their passport.

I've been to the U.S. 3 times, 2 overseas foreign trips (Europe and Asia).  I'd say it's worthwhile because I squeezed in alot of these trips prior to covid..  My next plane trips will be visiting family and friends in Canada...top priority.