Something you may dream about being,

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by Rumble_Strip,

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

You authored this @Road Runner, so I am pretty sure you have something on your mind. What is it you’d like to be/achieve?

Most of my life is over.  I just want to see my grandchildren grow up, but that probably can't happen due to our relative ages.

Actually, I thought some of the people here might want to discuss their dreams and desires, but apparently not.  It was just an idea I got while reading a book this morning.

But thanks, Z, for thinking of me.   :)

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Most of my life is over.  I just want to see my grandchildren grow up, but that probably can't happen due to our relative ages.

Actually, I thought some of the people here might want to discuss their dreams and desires, but apparently not.  It was just an idea I got while reading a book this morning.

But thanks, Z, for thinking of me.   :)

Might I ask what book you were reading?

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I’m going to answer this literally. In my dreams, I’m an NFL player. Same old me but about 42 years old, but somehow I made the team. Then I wake up. One of my many recurring dreams. 

These days when I watch football on TV and someone gets tackled or knocked to the ground, I think, "Damn!  I'm glad that isn't me!"  :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

These days when I watch football on TV and someone gets tackled or knocked to the ground, I think, "Damn!  I'm glad that isn't me!"  :D

I used to play pickup touch games when I was in my 20s. My co-worker put together a team, and challenged us to a tackle game. We played, and boy was I sore for about a week. Ouch. 

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I used to play pickup touch games when I was in my 20s. My co-worker put together a team, and challenged us to a tackle game. We played, and boy was I sore for about a week. Ouch. 

I was talking to my neighbor recently and we were trading stories about falling off of ladders.  I have found that falling and landing on the ground hurts exponentially more when you are in your 60's than it did when you were in your 20's.  :D

• Heart 1

21 hours ago, Road Runner said:

...but is impossible for you to ever become.  

?

Artist.

Although one is in science and one is in the humanities, I always loved both science and art. My father was an artist. But becoming an artist was a major problem due to my red-green color blindness. Once in elementary school I did an excellent drawing without realizing I had crayoned the face in green.

Eventually, I learned from Dad about combinations of red/brown/yellow to end up with various flesh colors, learned much from dad from perspective to body proportions and, in high school, I was the kid called on to do the drawings to put on the walls before parent nights, graduations, etc:  General Westmoreland opposite Ho Chi Minh, etc.

Ever since I was 12, I wanted to be the chemist I became, but I've often wondered if I would have gone into often-poor-paying art if I wasn't color blind.  Even so, painting would certainly have become a major hobby if I didn't have that bad gene on my X-chromosome and no second X to dominate over it.