Your favorite TV mom

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by AirwickWithCheese,

It seems that many people favor Carol Brady, but I don't get it.  She didn't seem all that involved in her kids lives and she didn't even cook for them or clean up after them.  :(

I liked June Cleaver.  Except for her daily over-the-top household attire (dress, high heels and pearls), she was a real mother to Wally and Theodore.  And when things got really tough, she would have Ward talk to them, since dads are good at that sort of thing.  :)  

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Road Runner said:

It seems that many people favor Carol Brady, but I don't get it.  She didn't seem all that involved in her kids lives and she didn't even cook for them or clean up after them.  :(

I liked June Cleaver.  Except for her daily over-the-top household attire (dress, high heels and pearls), she was a real mother to Wally and Theodore.  And when things got really tough, she would have Ward talk to them, since dads are good at that sort of thing.  :)  

My first thought was Barbara Billingsly (June Cleaver).  There were lots of great moms back then including Donna Reed, June Lockhart who played Timmy's mother on Lassie, Jane Wyatt on Father Knows Best, and Harriet Nelson.  But I think June Cleaver was #1 of 50's - 60's shows.

Since then, there have been some great moms like Jill Taylor (Patricia Richardson) in Home Improvement, Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton) in All in the Family, Elyse Keaton (Meredith Baxter) in Family Ties, Abby Bradford (Betty Buckley) in Eight is Enough, Anne Camden (Catherine Hicks) in 7th Heaven and Beverly Crusher (Gates McFadden) in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

For being a loving mother who gives good advice and steers her kids to do right, I think it's a neck-and-neck horserace among June Cleaver, Jill Taylor, and Elyse Keaton.

• Heart 1