Happy International Viking Day!

Zealot

4 hours ago, Zealot said:

Any Swedes, Danes, Finns, Norwegians or any other Nordic folks here? Have any of these as ancestry?

My ancestry.com DNA analysis says I've got some Swedish blood.  Maybe it was a Viking nailing one of my Irish, German, or Polish ancestors during a raid.

• Heart 1

Last week we watched Atlantic Crossing on PBS. It’s the story of the Crown Princess of Norway (primarily) who convinces Roosevelt to help Britain and indirectly Norway. It seems his fascination with her was the motivation for the Loan Lease Act. They speak Norwegian with subtitles.

• Heart 1

Viking ancestry going backwards for me, is pretty well impossible. :flirtyeyess:  

I went to national museum in Copenhagen, Denmark where there is a major permanent exhibit of Viking artifacts that covered 1 floor, etc.  Some elaborate jewellery, etc.  Also Vikings were like the Mongols in China (Genghis Khan), some brutal times...like any ruling / conquering party during those times.

10 hours ago, roadsue said:

Last week we watched Atlantic Crossing on PBS. It’s the story of the Crown Princess of Norway (primarily) who convinces Roosevelt to help Britain and indirectly Norway. It seems his fascination with her was the motivation for the Loan Lease Act. They speak Norwegian with subtitles.

Would have been an interesting show to see.