While putting the bike together

KrAzY

21 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

I like to be seen by cars, so I went with highway department orange. If I get hit, they can't claim they didn't see me because I blended into the background.

uglybike001.jpg.b9fbc6f39dd1ca1741a6e78b43e4f03a.jpg

Down here they really don't care what color you or the bike is.. They just ignore what's in the road and run it over.
You should see the fights on the towns facebook page about how cyclists have no rights to be on the road and how we are impeding traffic and breaking laws. 
This year along 15 cyclists have been hit in out town. All the drivers claimed they either didn't have the right to be on the road or that they didn't see them.  

Please tell me you dress like this while ridingimages.jpeg.98fdb020f70ea79496326c158ef68459.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, UglyBob said:

Upside-down Nashbar bullhorns, usually found on hipster fixies.

Upside down because I’m anti-hipster!  I also hate full drop drops… 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Whatever gets you on the bike is good with me.

Typical getting on the bike involves escaping my kids and the todo list the wife makes up.. 

man... she always wondered why I rode 60 miles one way to a coffee shop

• Haha 2

Ok.. Was just in the attic looking for a few things that I don't know where I put from my old cycles... it feels like it is well over the 100 degree F mark up there...

I found a tube, two newish bootle cages, small tool pack and a Gu Gel that is dated 2014.... should I try to Gu to see if it is still good? I mean... 3/4 of the year it is just baking up there in 120+F temps... what could go wrong! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I really want to paint it urban camo. 
I could wear these as bike shorts to match. 
images.jpeg.129a8c24eb36c237bb9efa5bfef671e0.jpeg

That white makes a good canvass for a lot of cool ideas.

The dripping green slime or urban camo would both look cool. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, UglyBob said:

I like to be seen by cars, so I went with highway department orange. If I get hit, they can't claim they didn't see me because I blended into the background.

uglybike001.jpg.b9fbc6f39dd1ca1741a6e78b43e4f03a.jpg

Good thinking.  My new bike came in silver or black and I picked silver for better visibility as well as less likely to feel hot in summer.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

That white makes a good canvass for a lot of cool ideas.

The dripping green slime or urban camo would both look cool. 

Since it is Crabon, I will have to use an Epoxy, But I wonder if I could airbrush it and then just clear coat over it. 
There are not a lot of bright and loud annoying colors for epoxy spray paint. 

1 minute ago, KrAzY said:

Since it is Crabon, I will have to use an Epoxy, But I wonder if I could airbrush it and then just clear coat over it. 
There are not a lot of bright and loud annoying colors for epoxy spray paint. 

Do you follow old shovel on YouTube?  He restores old bikes and your bike made me think of this particular video.

Not sure about epoxy but he uses a particular type of canned spray paint on his bikes that maybe would work. 

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Do you follow old shovel on YouTube?  He restores old bikes and your bike made me think of this particular video.

Not sure about epoxy but he uses a particular type of canned spray paint on his bikes that maybe would work. 

I'll have to watch the videos more later, but just grabbed the name off the spray can label and found a dangerous website... SOOOOOOO MANY COLORS! 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

slime green drip.......like the pattern on this mask

5 Easy DIY Halloween Face Masks — Actually Alli | DIY, Home Decor &  Lifestyle

Not sure if I want the drip look now or a triangle affect with black lines that match the pattern on the bar tap I’m now getting.. 

The pattern will be on the drop ends fading to black, and then I can fade into slime green or just go with other geometric line work.. 

I do have a good hand with airbrushing and rattle cans.. 

E34E8FAB-78C1-4553-BC75-8FA7516F935D.jpeg

• Heart 1