Now I understand Vaccination hesitancy

Prophet Zacharia

We got $5 dollar Target coupons!  I used mine for a $5.19 tube of sunscreen!!! :happyanim: 

I heard an NPR story on it this past week, and it makes sense - incentives to get on-the-fence folks vaccinated ASAP -but I also think you just start reopening in full to the vaccinated, and leave the unvaccinated happy on their own.  Movies, sports, travel, in-person schools, etc..  No reason to stop the movement of getting back to "normal" just for some folks who don't want to join the fun.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

If more Canadians could travel, more US vaccines would be used.  :)  

I was stuck behind a VERY slow CAnadian driver a few weeks ago.  I was like WTF is that person doing here?!?!?  One of those "snowbirds" who shipped their car to the US, I guess?  Man, if you're gonna gum up our systems down here in the US, at least drive aggressively like the rest of us!!!! :angry:

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

If you've seen Game of Thrones, you quickly realize "size doesn't matter" :( 

I have not seen more than a few snippets of that show.  Not enough to know more than some guy name Hodor was on it and in some memes.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

So the longer you wait to get vaccinated, the bigger the prize?  :huh:  I screwed up.  I did it for free.  I guess I am a vaccination slut.  :(  

Yep.  I heard Oprah is prepping her "you get a new car! you get a new car!" delivery voice.  Give it some time, and it can be a big win!

• Envious 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

We got $5 dollar Target coupons!  I used mine for a $5.19 tube of sunscreen!!! :happyanim: 

I heard an NPR story on it this past week, and it makes sense - incentives to get on-the-fence folks vaccinated ASAP -but I also think you just start reopening in full to the vaccinated, and leave the unvaccinated happy on their own.  Movies, sports, travel, in-person schools, etc..  No reason to stop the movement of getting back to "normal" just for some folks who don't want to join the fun.

I agree.  Almost everywhere, MMR vaccinations are required for kids to attend public schools in the USA.

There are federal regulations saying cruise passengers and crews must be COVID vaccinated but Florida has passed a law saying no business operating there can require COVID vaccinations.  The cruise lines are looking for other departure places.  If Florida loses the people staying at hotels the night before cruises, the cruises themselves, and the stops at Key West, etc. I bet they'll change that law real fast.

14 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

The cruise lines are looking for other departure places.

Florida is in competition with LA, TX, and other cruiseports on the Gulf side, Puerto Rico (easy for Americans), and then up into MD or NJ for the Atlantic side. 

But cruises are a perfect example of how "easily" it can be turned on if folks - crew and passengers - are vaccinated.  Get all your crew vaccinated, and require passengers to be vaccinated, and COVID - as a cruise problem - disappears.  Back to worrying about "normal" issues that are easier to shut down through regular cleaning & sanitizing.  To some extent, that's what will happen, but it remains to be seen if Florida wants to "play along" or stick to some other plan.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

What about an ice wall?  We are talking CAnada and GoTs!

Its Canada.. an infant on ice skates could just clear any size ice wall. 
I mean.. it’s breed into them.