2 days

Dirtyhip

52 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Ready or not.  We are relocating on Wednesday.  The key handoff happens this week.   :D

Good luck.  Where are you storing your stuff?

I've got a limited amount of stuff that won't take long to move from the apartment - a few Honda Fit loads will do it.  So I'm beginning to line up the minimum stuff I'll pick or have delivered for when I make the move: recliner, TV and TV stand, bed/linens/pillows, kitchen table and chairs, kitchen stuff, etc.  The way things have gone with unavailable appliances, I don't want to end up starting out with lawn furniture.  Plastic forks and paper plates are ok if necessary in a pinch.

Just now, MickinMD said:

Good luck.  Where are you storing your stuff?

I've got a limited amount of stuff that won't take long to move from the apartment - a few Honda Fit loads will do it.  So I'm beginning to line up the minimum stuff I'll pick or have delivered for when I make the move: recliner, TV and TV stand, bed/linens/pillows, kitchen table and chairs, kitchen stuff, etc.  The way things have gone with unavailable appliances, I don't want to end up starting out with lawn furniture.  Plastic forks and paper plates are ok if necessary in a pinch.

Everything we own is currently going in that gigantic cargo box.  Sadly, we have to move twice, but the next move will be from our driveway to the house.  

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And you wonder why you can't shake the n00b title...  OK, maybe you don't.

West Coast, baby!  This place is a hotbed of that sort of craziness!  Halfway between LA (Hollywood!) and Seattle (Bill Gates), you can bet KF is steamy!

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Nope.  Van life Trailer life for likely a month. 

Nice.  I know a lot of people that bought land.  Sold house.  Bought camper and lived in camper on land while they built a house.  A buddy bought like 80 acres and built a big assed barn.  He live in his barn in a big assed 5th wheel for 2 years before they started building the house.