I got a free bottle opener

Longjohn

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I might try a short ride after supper. I had a little problem with the thru axle but I figured it out.

They can be a little finicky at times.  Once you have the rotor properly placed in the caliper and if the through axle won’t line up, I find if I gently bounce the tire while jiggling & pushing the through axle it will usually seat.  

Oh and your saddle is too high! 😁  Seriously though nice bike!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Did you ride it???  Everybody wants to know how it rides!

It rode very nice. I need to find my cycling clothes. All I could find yesterday was a pair of mountain bike shorts and a jersey. They are in a tote somewhere. 
The bike shifts very smooth, it’s the first I rode a 2X11. I’m going to try it on some hills tomorrow.

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

One thing I noticed was some wheel noise. It sounded like the noise coming from DH’s carbon wheels when she rides. My wheels are aluminum. I don’t know if that is normal.

Did it sound like slight metal on metal rubbing?  It could be the rotors rubbing on the pads. All of mine do that from time to time but after a few minutes it goes away.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Did it sound like slight metal on metal rubbing?  It could be the rotors rubbing on the pads. All of mine do that from time to time but after a few minutes it goes away.

That might be what it is. I’ll go for a longer ride tomorrow.