What should I make for dinner tonight?

Randomguy

Just now, Road Runner said:

You could fix up some hot dogs.

In a moment of weakness yesterday, my wife and I went to the drive-thru Weinerschnitzel :)  We got three hot dogs (chili, kraut, and "Chicago") and went to the beach and ate them on our beach towel (with our pup laying between us).

image.png.dd19a58ac592f45d512ab288fe5f638a.png

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

In a moment of weakness yesterday, my wife and I went to the drive-thru Weinerschnitzel :)  We got three hot dogs (chili, kraut, and "Chicago") and went to the beach and ate them on our beach towel (with our pup laying between us).

image.png.dd19a58ac592f45d512ab288fe5f638a.png

I haven't been to one of those in about 15 years--since my dad passed. It was one of his favorites. There's one just off the bike path. I should ride there and have on in his honor.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

29 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Is alfredo hard to put together?  I have never done that, you see.

Ok.  Here is what you do.  

Use some panko crumbs and egg wash to pan fry a couple thin chicken breasts.  Use EVOO.  Set them aside.  In the EVOO and chicken juice fry up a pound of bacon.  Set aside.  Dump some of the bacon juice out.  Put in some fresh garlic to cook for a minute in the bacon juice.  Pour in some heavy cream.  Like 3 cups or maybe more.  Keep it on a med heat.  Let the EVOO and bacon juice get all mixed up with each other like they practicing angry and intense scissoring.  Keep stirring and mix in some fresh parm cheese.  Keep stirring.  If you're impatient like me you can mix some mozz cheese in there as well.  Let it thicken.  Crumble the bacon and put the bits in your sauce.  Now you have the choice to pour sauce over the chicken, or do what I do (the right way) and cube up the chicken and add it to the sauce.  Serve over penne noodles with some bread and wine.  A nice wine.  Maybe one of those high end Bota Box wines instead of Franzia.  

My kids love this dish.  The first time I cooked it they were like "no way" and I made them try it.  Now they ask for it all of the time.  

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UglyBob said:

I haven't been to one of those in about 15 years--since my dad passed. It was one of his favorites. There's one just off the bike path. I should ride there and have on in his honor.

My wife said she never went to one when she was out here growing up.  I had been joking with her for weeks about going there - every time we passed one I would be like "Oh! A Weinerschnitzel!!!!", and she would roll her eyes.  She called my bluff yesterday.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Make a salad in large serving bowls. Make two small servings of chicken Or beef nachos and when the cheese is all melty , slide the nachos onto the salad. It was good for lunch yesterday. 

Hey you been watching me? I grill chiken then can eat alone, or in salad or with rice. I sauce up the rice with Sweet Chile sauce. In the salad I add croutons, bacon crumbles (Costco) & cheese. 

Or go to Trader Joes. Lots of good stuff there

https://locations.traderjoes.com/ny/new-york/542/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=local

33 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Bananas are good for snacks or as a dessert.

2 BEST "Woman Eating Banana" IMAGES, STOCK PHOTOS & VECTORS | Adobe Stock

RG can only eat sooo many bananas.  Sure, he's great at eating them. And sure, he really enjoys eating them. But, come on, he can't live on them only NOR can he expect his GF to share his love of eating bananas.  She might really rather eat a peach or the like.  Different strokes, different folks!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Hey you been watching me? I grill chiken then can eat alone, or in salad or with rice. I sauce up the rice with Sweet Chile sauce. In the salad I add croutons, bacon crumbles (Costco) & cheese. 

Or go to Trader Joes. Lots of good stuff there

https://locations.traderjoes.com/ny/new-york/542/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=local

We had leftover enchilada filling from the 5th. I heated that in the microwave. Topped off some tortilla chips, added the filling then some shredded cheese. Baked at 450 for 5 minutes. Served over bowls of romaine with diced green peppers, tomatoes, and cukes. Slid the hot nachos on top. Nacho ordinary salad. 

• Envious 1