I bought a new bike last weekend

eyebike

5 minutes ago, eyebike said:

After blowing out my Achilles, 2 surgeries and 3 years of rehab, Selling my optometry practice, moving from basically sea level in texas to 8000 ft in New mexico, gaining weight, trying to peddle essentially one legged up the steep forest road we live on and becoming more and more frustrated with my inability to ride, I bought an Orbea FS Wild e bike. Freaking game changer, I can ride again comfortably and with a smile on my face. Yeah its a bit of a cheat but hey...I make no excuses and I'm not in competition with anyone. I can now ride the 400 ft elevation change in the mile it takes to get to the the gate into the National forest plus into the backcountry. Life is good and technology is a happy thing

:TTIWWP:

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, eyebike said:

After blowing out my Achilles, 2 surgeries and 3 years of rehab, Selling my optometry practice, moving from basically sea level in texas to 8000 ft in New mexico, gaining weight, trying to peddle essentially one legged up the steep forest road we live on and becoming more and more frustrated with my inability to ride, I bought an Orbea FS Wild e bike. Freaking game changer, I can ride again comfortably and with a smile on my face. Yeah its a bit of a cheat but hey...I make no excuses and I'm not in competition with anyone. I can now ride the 400 ft elevation change in the mile it takes to get to the the gate into the National forest plus into the backcountry. Life is good and technology is a happy thing

Why did you sell and move?  On the run from the law?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, eyebike said:

Congrats.  Technology trumps sloth any day of the week.

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

that pine tree is massive!  Need a shot of the whole tree! 

Its a ponderosa. I'm planning to ride that way in the next few days..I'll grab a photo

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, eyebike said:

I was a drug mule and needed to flee 

In all honesty, I had a private Optometry practice for 35 years and was burned out. Chasing insurance payments, managing 15 employees,  dealing with constant audits and arguing with patient over their 25 copayment. I was done. I now work at a Pueblo health clinic 4 days a week. No responsibility except my job no supervisory role no filing insurance. much more pleasant 

This makes me very happy to hear you are happy!  

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Beautiful bike!  (but it needs streamers :)  )  Whatever helps get you out and enjoying riding or any exercise is a good thing.!!

I was thinking sissy bars

• Heart 2