Do you know any hardened criminals?

Randomguy

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Besides Eyebike, I mean.

I actually knew one when I lived in San Diego, his dog and my dog were play buddies at the dog park.  He was a squirrely guy, and always told stories of how he was tired because he stayed up all night playing WW2 dogfighting games.  One day, I mentioned I was going for a hike in the nearbyish national forest, and just invited him along.  He said sure.

I picked him up and we got on the trail, and he wanted to stop a quarter mile in to smoke some meth (just like eyebike does).  I said I am good, I will wait for you to finish.  I never realized that meth was why he stayed up all night!  He realized that the meth thing surprised me for a second but didn't weird me out, so he told me more about his background.

Anyway, turns out he was in a biker gang and they wanted him to kill somebody he didn't want to, so they decided they were gonna kill him too, if he stayed in San Diego proper.  He moved to Mira Mesa to get away from them, not too far but far enough.  I am 90% sure he had killed at least once before (just like eyebike), although that is a question you don't really ask someone.

I didn't invite him to hike again, but still hung out when the dogs would play.  Nice guy for the most part, but I didn't want to get on his bad side.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

My grandfather shot and killed his mistress during the great depression. 

My doomer neighbor is on a downward spiral. He has progressed from a functional alcoholic to the other thing. He is going to have a bad day with law enforcement given his current behavior. 

• Sad 2

A lady I've known for most of her life that lives 2 house over is waiting for her court date for dealing heroin. One of her customers died.

A coworker got hauled out of work by the cops for 2nd degree murder. 

• Heart 2

17 minutes ago, BR46 said:

A lady I've known for most of her life that lives 2 house over is waiting for her court date for dealing heroin. One of her customers died.

A coworker got hauled out of work by the cops for 2nd degree murder. 

Yay!  I am so glad to hear their stories!

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

I know a few.. is there something you need done?

I’ll have to see who has what skills though first.. 

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes.  Among my outlaws there are a couple of multiple term graduates of prison.  They are a bit scary.

Well, let's hear some stories!

High school friend who went on a bender, robbed the pizza shop where I worked and executed the only witness in the walk-in freezer, again another friend. Takes you awhile to figure out life/death/consequences when you're 17. We were a close group of 5 with the (murderer) as a sorta-outsider that fit. By the time I left high school, one was murdered (J), one was an accidental death (R), murderer (A), and Craig and I managed to make it out all right. 

That's been 22 years now. Craig and I still keep in touch and visit yearly.

When I owned the jewelry shop in north Pasco, I was partners with the gun shop next door. We had some hill-Billy gangsters that came around often for both our shops. Too many weird stories to tell of there.

• Sad 2

I did some consulting work for a guy's auto transport company. He told me that he'd done some time in prison for drug dealing. I figured that it was small time stuff. Nope. He was a major kingpin for drugs around the St. Louis area. He got caught when he walked into a restaurant in Florida where some FBI guys were having lunch. One of them recognized him from a wanted poster. He spent only 7 years in prison because he ratted out on a few people. I worked off and on for him for a couple of years but didn't find out about his past until many years later. 

Our general practitioner doctor... who was also our neighbor and friend.  Was send to prison for filming child pron.   Apparently he used a video camera in his exam rooms.  :angry:

Just like on the TV shows when the interview the neighbors.  We had NO idea until he was arrested what he was doing.

His wife wanted us to sign a petition about what a good guy he was.    We... passed on that.   

He eventually (about 14 years late) he got a new trial, with the hopes of being innocent  or a reduced sentence.   He was found guilty again and got a much longer sentence.   If he didn't contest the first trial, he would have been released several years ago.  

3 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Our general practitioner doctor... who was also our neighbor and friend.  Was send to prison for filming child pron.   Apparently he used a video camera in his exam rooms.  :angry:

Just like on the TV shows when the interview the neighbors.  We had NO idea until he was arrested what he was doing.

His wife wanted us to sign a petition about what a good guy he was.    We... passed on that.   

He eventually (about 14 years late) he got a new trial, with the hopes of being innocent  or a reduced sentence.   He was found guilty again and got a much longer sentence.   If he didn't contest the first trial, he would have been released several years ago.  

There was another photographer in town who had a good reputation. I was invited to share his studio for a model shoot. The shoot went ok, but I got a sketchy vibe from him. Declined offers to shoot there again. 
About a year later, news broke he had a hidden camera in the dressing room. Several women who had also modeled for me were victims. 
He did get some jail time but not enough. Skipped town shortly after. Good thing. I don’t know how I would have acted if I had run into him somewhere. 
Fast forward a couple years and I saw a new photographer on a model forum. We were allowed to use handles on the forum but real name had to be used to register. “New photographer” had some photos I recognized. I forwarded the forum admin news articles about what happened and said to check the user’s name on the registration. His page was gone soon after. To my knowledge, he has not surfaced again. But I’m guessing he just went further underground. 

• Sad 1

A friend of mine grew up in the Bronx.  Fatherless and gang affiliated as a young teen.  In his mid teens a friend and him thought it would be a good idea to hold up a bodega.  The friend had a sawed off shotgun the was supposed to be unloaded.  During the armed robbery his friends gun went off so he hightailed it for the door.  As he was exiting the door he turned to look for his friend just as the bodega owner put a bullet thru his friends chest.  The friend was dead before he hit the ground.  My friend took off and was arrested several days later.  Even though he was a teen he was sent to Rikers for a year before his trial - no vacation for a young man.  His family abandoned him and his gang was nowhere to be found.  He ended up pleading guilty to the armed robbery and got off the murder conviction that he could of been tagged with.  He was convicted as an adult and did a few years for the armed robbery.  When he got out he knew he needed to get out of NYC.  He had family in Kalamazoo so he hopped a bus.  Since, he has turned his life around in a big way - cleaned up from drugs, found Jesus and ministers to youth and works in a rehab center. 

• Heart 2

When I was in the Jaycees, our chapter used to make a visitation to the Maryland Penitentiary Jaycees chapter's meeting once a year.  Some of the guys were murderers, con artists, embezzlers, etc. They were easy to talk to - but the gates clanging shut behind us as we entered the prison were scary.