Why, Jsharr?

Prophet Zacharia

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Doesn’t the pipeline START in Texas? Surely you won’t be experiencing gas shortages, so why do you need to hoard? Unless you’re making a road trip to deliver fuel to us in the North East?

073F4A75-2A57-4032-81F3-ED0D04AD89ED.jpeg

BEF30327-B018-4C57-91C9-45A5BBDD74CD.png

If real, those are truly horrifying.

• Heart 2

I just saw most gas stations here are sitting at $2.85, while a select couple are still at $2.65… I’m confused about how the $0.20 jump is needed… I mean.. if the gas is already in their underground tanks.. there is no reason to raise prices til the new gas is put in and the prices need increased. 

• Haha 1

My imagination failed to grasp the lengths that people would go to in order to hoard gasoline. When I read social media posts that told people not to hoard, my only thought was, how can they hoard more than their gas tanks will hold? I stand corrected and I am flabbergasted at the levels of stupid that I am witnessing.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

I just saw most gas stations here are sitting at $2.85, while a select couple are still at $2.65… I’m confused about how the $0.20 jump is needed… I mean.. if the gas is already in their underground tanks.. there is no reason to raise prices til the new gas is put in and the prices need increased. 

image.png.2cd257826d4afb2b1e6bebf2cb4b672d.png

• Haha 2

BEF30327-B018-4C57-91C9-45A5BBDD74CD.png.3dc3cbbcc912bfa93310869f07b168b4.png

Assuming that's gas in the bags....  OMG this is way beyond being a bad idea.   

Gas can dissolve some plastics.   And if that doesn't happen....  you can't lift a bag with the weight, the bag will rip open.  

You can't fix stupid, but this may thin the herd.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

BEF30327-B018-4C57-91C9-45A5BBDD74CD.png.3dc3cbbcc912bfa93310869f07b168b4.png

Assuming that's gas in the bags....  OMG this is way beyond being a bad idea.   

Gas can dissolve some plastics.   And if that doesn't happen....  you can't lift a bag with the weight, the bag will rip open.  

You can't fix stupid, but this may thin the herd.

Maybe they are gas bags.  Sure are a lot of gas bags flitting about, you can't turn on the news without seeing them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

I never could make sense of that from an inventory perspective. But an owner told me that all gas prices is based off of futures, not existing inventory. It still doesn't make sense but that is what they do, nationwide

3 minutes ago, eyebike said:

I never could make sense of that from an inventory perspective. But an owner told me that all gas prices is based off of futures, not existing inventory. It still doesn't make sense but that is what they do, nationwide

Yeah...  it something like that...   except...   if the future price is lower, I'd bet they don't lower their price for a while. 

I'm guessing when the next truck shows up with gas that cost 20 cents per gallon more they want the money NOW before so they can pay for the truck load gas without a loan.

1 minute ago, Bikeguy said:

Yeah...  it something like that...   except...   if the future price is lower, I'd bet they don't lower their price for a while. 

yeah...it always go up faster than it comes down

Just now, Bikeguy said:

Why would anyone ever sell gas for less than the current market value?  Seems insane.  If folks will pay $4/gallon, then sell it for $4/gallon.  What incentive is there to price it too high or too low? 

25 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Maybe they are gas bags.  Sure are a lot of gas bags flitting about, you can't turn on the news without seeing them.

I do feel like we see the bags full of gas fairly regularly during a spike - like before a hurricane.  Not sure if that one person has been memorialized in a meme or if it is new morans popping up each time.

2 hours ago, eyebike said:

Yeah I read somewhere a long time ago that the stations charge what it would cost them to replace the gas in the tanks, but it sure doesn't seem that way when the prices go down.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

He must be hell to deal with in Real Estate transactions!

"But you paid $75,000 for this place back in 1973!  How can you possibly be asking $500,000????"

Yup.. and I hate their popcorn ceilings

• Haha 1