Zoom Meetings- Truth

Airehead

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

zoom.jpg

:D

In reality, most folks worked Zoom/Skype/Teams/etc. out sometime last year - hopefully in the June/July timeframe.  We were talking about the "early days" last night and how folks were getting Zoom bombed or schools were struggling with going on-line and all sorts of the initial goofiness and real challenges switching gears so quickly as COVID rolled in.  Way less disruption than in the beginning, but we still do have the occasional "open mic" issue, and I am quick to mute folks nowadays.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

most folks worked Zoom/Skype/Teams/etc. out sometime last year

There are still people who are insufficiently self-aware or who think it's ok to have their dog barking incessantly or have their children raising a ruckus in the background.  Agreed, you can mute some of that but when that person starts talking the background noise can't be muted either.  Of course, everyone else on the call endures it because they don't want to get called out or labeled as a hater of puppies and innocent little youngsters.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

There are still people who are insufficiently self-aware

This.  I just spent the last 3+ hours on 2 management virtual meetings and it continues to amaze me how unaware my own staff is.  How many times in how many different ways do you need to be told that your mic sucks - mute your phone (every week) - I don't need to hear your wife talking to a neighbor..........

And the meeting starts at the top of the hour.  Get on early enough to get your crap worked out BEFORE the start of the meeting.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

In our internal team meetings using Teams, we seldom show our faces, except for the boss. Half of the time we're sharing our desktop re, document, software, presentation.  I have around 10-15 meetings per wk. Some are only 1/2 hr. 

Not showing our faces, works for us because all of us except for newish boss, worked in person with one another for several yrs. prior to covid.  We do respect each other's expertise and ask of each other, help. Otherwise our services just couldn't work well for clients.