A door to door salesman came to my door

Longjohn

That hasn’t happened in at least 25 years. I think he was selling a service to remove dust mites. He ask if I enjoyed shopping at Walmart. I told him I don’t shop Walmart. He thanked me for my time and left. There are so many real jobs out there now I can’t imagine why someone would go door to door.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

That hasn’t happened in at least 25 years. I think he was selling a service to remove dust mites. He ask if I enjoyed shopping at Walmart. I told him I don’t shop Walmart. He thanked me for my time and left. There are so many real jobs out there now I can’t imagine why someone would go door to door.

I think some people do not enjoy the confines of the modern workforce. 

• Heart 1

My next door neighbor’s daughter is getting married this weekend. I hope to take some pictures. It is going to be a really big shindig. This is the neighbor that is a carpenter. He could have built Dr. Mickin house and DH ‘s house and had a year left over.

He built a temporary front porch and enclosed it then he built a temporary back porch and enclosed it. Today he put up a huge tent. They will party all day on Saturday. I like being able to get a peek into their culture.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I can’t imagine why someone would go door to door.

Good exercise?  Was he fit looking?

But, yeah, a not-very-dense neighborhood would likely be both an opportunity (underserved) and a waste (bang-for-buck/effort).  Of course, he may have a whole host of reasons why it is a great job?  Not my idea of a good business to be in, but 300+ million folks in the US mean we have 300+ million different opinions.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

He was sizing your place up for a heist.....

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Which would explain the Walmart question!  LJ just self-identified himself as a rich guy who can't be bothered saving money at Walmart!  The scoundrel probably was watching deliveries and saw the new bling-bling-bling bike delivery and knew he might be on to a big fish!

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, jsharr said:

He got wind of my new bike.

12 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Good exercise?  Was he fit looking?

He looked like a pig farmer. Not an athletic build but could probably lift an ornery hog into a truck.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1