I am so done with spirit t-shirts.

MoseySusan

This school... Everything is cause for a t-shirt.  I’ve had three foisted at me in the last week. A teacher appreciation shirt, senior class shirt, and one for the junior class to wear to announce that they’re going to be seniors next year. Too many cheap t-shirts that belong to a single moment in time and then wind up in a three-ton bundle in another country to dispose of. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, roadsue said:

This school... Everything is cause for a t-shirt.  I’ve had three foisted at me in the last week. A teacher appreciation shirt, senior class shirt, and one for the junior class to wear to announce that they’re going to be seniors next year. Too many cheap t-shirts that belong to a single moment in time and then wind up in a three-ton bundle in another country to dispose of. 

No kidding. We have a local fundraiser that did a new shirt every year. It was some kind of source of pride(Sneetches style) if you had a really old one. The local thrift store will not accept them because they get so many. The shirts kind of sucked they were so cheap. Now they do one every few years instead of every year.

5 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Just got my prom and graduation shirt.  They suck

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, denniS said:

The local thrift store will not accept them because they get so many.

This. The second-hand market is already flooded with cast offs. We don’t need a spirit shirt. They’re landfill. 

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, roadsue said:

This. The second-hand market is already flooded with cast offs. We don’t need a spirit shirt. They’re landfill. 

Eh, I wear cheapo Ts to the gyms & outside working in the yard. When they get ratty, they go into the bike/vehicle rag pile.

• Heart 1

My Mom taught at a poor public school in NYC.  Only once do I recall them ever having t-shirts,    She came home with a "I'm a star at PS__" shirt with a little star logo on it and gave it to me..  I'm pretty sure I still have that shirt on the back shelf of a closet.  I don't think I ever had the heart to throw it out. Even though I only went to that school for kindergarten, it reminds me of how much my Mom loved teaching and how much that school meant to her.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

My Mom taught at a poor public school in NYC.  Only once do I recall them ever having t-shirts,    She came home with a "I'm a star at PS__" shirt with a little star logo on it and gave it to me..  I'm pretty sure I still have that shirt on the back shelf of a closet.  I don't think I ever had the heart to throw it out. Even though I only went to that school for kindergarten, it reminds me of how much my Mom loved teaching and how much that school meant to her.

Sounds like a good reason to have a t-shirt. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Zealot said:

Those types of shirts usually end up in my project / work rag bundles.  Which is nice, and I use them a lot. 

I can send you a lot. Every Special Olympics state event adds another t-shirt to the stack in a storage closet, and #2 son does three state events a year.  Every staff shirt from 29 years of teaching. They add up. 

18 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I can send you a lot. Every Special Olympics state event adds another t-shirt to the stack in a storage closet, and #2 son does three state events a year.  Every staff shirt from 29 years of teaching. They add up. 

My local century started asking what we would rather have than another ride t-shirt.  I liked the socks from a couple years ago, but my wife actually likes the t-shirts for just wearing around the house.  But with a dozen or so of them, it really isn't necessary for more.