Tonight's Final Jeopardy

Road Runner

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I knew because educators always give that book a whirl around graduation.

I am liking our current host.

For the next two weeks, The Tournament of Champions will air with Buzzy Cohen (Mr Personality) as the host.  He promises to be a big change from Bill.   :)

Buzzy_Image_960x540.jpg.eaa8773c4a2bf1d7ca0867917317c488.jpg 

Just now, Road Runner said:

For the next two weeks, The Tournament of Champions will air with Buzzy Cohen (Mr Personality) as the host.  He promises to be a big change from Bill.   :)

Buzzy_Image_960x540.jpg.eaa8773c4a2bf1d7ca0867917317c488.jpg 

Bill has done a great job.  Buzzy with do a great job but differently.  I'm looking forward to it.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Buzzy will do a great job but differently.

That's what I said, but differently.

Also, the TOC is a different experience.  All the players are brothers and sisters of sorts.  Lots of camaraderie and joking around should ensue.  :)

8 hours ago, 2Far said:

Sometimes (not last night) they seems a little arbitrary on their enforcement of precision. 

Yep.  They allow certain crap but not other crap.  :huh:  I have seen them allow misspelled words a lot.  :o

The supposed reason that they were so strict on this answer was because it was a title.  The Jeopardy people say that titles must be exact.

Maybe they should make an exception when it comes to contractions. 

A nice gesture might be to ask Matt to return for one more shot as a contestant.  :)

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

A nice gesture might be to ask Matt to return for one more shot as a contestant.  :)

Has that ever been done?

How about for a wrong answer that was later determined to be right? I mean, they make corrections during the show, but have they ever done one after??

2 hours ago, 2Far said:

Has that ever been done?

How about for a wrong answer that was later determined to be right? I mean, they make corrections during the show, but have they ever done one after??

Did that happen? A correct answer, deemed incorrect, and then found to be correct later on?  What was it?

Or was it a case of multiple correct answers?  They usually, obviously, try to avoid that, but sometimes the answer writers make a mistake.

It just seems to me that if they allow misspelled words, then they should allow "you will" in place of "you'll".   How is the use or not use of a contraction any worse than badly misspelling an answer?  At what point does a misspelled word become the wrong word?  And this wasn't just any clue/answer; it was Final Jeopardy and it determined who won the game.

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

It just seems to me that if they allow misspelled words, then they should allow "you will" in place of "you'll".   How is the use or not use of a contraction any worse than badly misspelling an answer?  At what point does a misspelled word become the wrong word?  And this wasn't just any clue/answer; it was Final Jeopardy and it determined who won the game.

But I can see requiring titles to be exact.  This is why my wife and I gave up Scrabble. :D  Never even thought of a tandem.  Our first trip in a canoe we did circles.

OK, I did think aboot a tandem but then I unthunk it. :D

• Heart 2

28 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I wonder why they didn't give Austin a shot?

Austin might be a little too far out and whacky to be the host.  I think Buzzy will be great.  We will or we'll (whichever) find out next week, I suppose.  :rolleyes:

Also, from what I read, by hosting, Buzzy and Ken have become ineligible for ever being a contestant on Jeopardy again, even in some sort of champions contest.  Maybe Austin wants to be able to compete again in the future.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1