Solo vacation

BuffJim

3rd week of September. Car trip. 10 or less hours from home. Assuming Canada is still off limits. Where should I go?

I like to do activey stuff in the early part of day and relax in the afternoon. A few drinks and a nice meal at night. Beaches and mountains are nice. So is birdwatching. 

• Like 3

If I was you I would visit Lake Champlain and Burlington VT. Cross NY state and ride the ferry across the lake. Rent a VRBO and bring your bike or two. Good riding there. Lots to see in the area and good food and breweries. Just my opinion dude. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I cannot believe  Cleveland...the Paris of Ohio was not mentioned by someone :whistle:

I’m not!

• Like 1

As far as the “Paris” of Ohio, it’s freaking flat there! Do you want another boring ride? Their idea of good beer is Zima! VT has Heady Topper for chrissake!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

3rd week of September. Car trip. 10 or less hours from home. Assuming Canada is still off limits. Where should I go?

I like to do activey stuff in the early part of day and relax in the afternoon. A few drinks and a nice meal at night. Beaches and mountains are nice. So is birdwatching. 

Birdwatching as 1 of your outdoor jaunts would be good. Yea Canada is off-limits.

I've been to Nantucket Island twice.  There would be less tourists crawling around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

Sounds like Vermont or New Hampshire. 

Maine NH and Vermont is a possibility. Maybe retrace my route from the bike trip in reverse. Portland, Berlin NH, St Johnsbury VT, St Alban’s VT. 

57 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I cannot believe  Cleveland...the Paris of Ohio was not mentioned by someone :whistle:

Been there with buddies for many trips, usually to see a Yankees or Bills game. Took BuffCarla there for a weekend trip in 2019 and she loved it. But not for a solo trip. 

Fly out to the PNW. Lots and lots of activities and good places to eat or drink. And don't listen to @Wilbur. Plenty-o conservative joints I can point you too. And if you come to Gods Country -- I mean Whatcom county -- I can show you some memorable places. But you prolly don't wanna fly. I liked Vermont.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Get in an airplane, go to Napa, rent some bikes and tour around.  Non-stop fun, great scenery, great food. 

And wine. Great chefs from what I hear.

• Like 1