Weekend plans...Mid May

petitepedal

I've got no pot plants but I did cut the lawn clover today. I am off on Friday as my employer grants eight hours of leave as funtime during your birthday month. I am meeting a former co-worker at 10:30 to ride bikes fro Leesburg to Ashburn for a BBQ lunch with a third co-worker (my former office spouse). We will catch up and eat good BBQ at https://carolinabrothers.com/

It is a good place smack on the W&OD bike trail about seven miles east of Leesburg. Lori doesn't ride much and expects the seven mile trip to take her an hour. OMFG. I'm riding the gravel bike to help stretch this trip out a bit. We will see.

Saturday, the house is hosting a yard sale to get rid of stuff that should not have been moved and to clear space to put more stuff that should not have been moved. I am working at the LBS for a regular employee who needs coverage to do fun stuff. I need the money, so I'm a whore. I am bringing some homebrew for after work as these people have not tried beer from the House of Seven.

Sunday is day two of the yard sale from hell but it's my turn. So7 is off to try his new golf irons. My sales pitch is pretty much, $1 for the slow cooker? Fine, I just want it out of here. One dollar will make me as happy as a West Virginia pole dancer.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Continue to get the house back in order now that the flooring & paint work is done.  Still have a bunch of stuff in the garage that needs to be put away. 

I have been getting really fatigued at the end of the day so know I’m still not 100% recovered from the concussion but I plan to get back in the bike for a easy ride. 

• Heart 3

Friday. Work, finish taxes, go jogging.

Saturday: Going canoeing/birdwatching with my brother at Hanging Bog in Allegany County NY. 

Sunday: Driving to my Mom’s to spend a week with her, working remotely. 

Weather forecast: 10 days of sun. Highs upper 60’s to low 70’s. Best weather on the earth. 

• Heart 3

After some testing today the rest of the weekend is clear to celebrate youngest son's birthday.  Today however is test day for some new tires and taller gears.  That means "go straights" adjusting and launch control programming followed by some data runs to see if it works.  The improved version of the car is down till next week when parts arrive to make it lighter.  It's already underweight but lighter means that the ballast can be put where it does the most good, probably up front to cure some tendency to wheelstand about 20 feet out from the start.

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Fishing opener and the 3 speed tour around Lake Pepin..I am doing neither.

Picked up some plants to pot..that's it.

There has been boat loads of fishing on the Detroit river & Lake erie over past month or so.  Otherwise the SE mitten will be sunny & warm :skipping: so some biking will happen

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Start returning to FL from CT on Sunday. Taking it easy with multiple stops/overnights including visit (mooch) with relatives in SC. Biggest concern is fuel in VA, NC, SC, GA.

I did not even know you were here.  There's plenty in CT so top off here.  I suspect that the highway rest stops will be good through NY/NJ.  They say some of the problem is over (slow restart however) because the company paid the 5 million ransom.  Good luck though.  Perhaps there are aps that tell one where gas is.

Yes, I'm in Meriden spoiling the grand daughter. Or rather, she is exhausting me with the overload of energy continually saying "Grandpa, play with me." No problem finding fuel here, and probably not first stop in Harrisburg PA...next to Sams Club. Also, reading that premium is available and only 87 octane sold out and no-one wants to hoard high test. My car specifies 91 octane, but I use 87 on straight highway driving. Sams and Costco only offer 87 and 93, but their 93 is cheaper than 91 or even 89 everywhere else.

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I've got no pot plants but I did cut the lawn clover today. I am off on Friday as my employer grants eight hours of leave as funtime during your birthday month. I am meeting a former co-worker at 10:30 to ride bikes fro Leesburg to Ashburn for a BBQ lunch with a third co-worker (my former office spouse). We will catch up and eat good BBQ at https://carolinabrothers.com/

It is a good place smack on the W&OD bike trail about seven miles east of Leesburg. Lori doesn't ride much and expects the seven mile trip to take her an hour. OMFG. I'm riding the gravel bike to help stretch this trip out a bit. We will see.

Saturday, the house is hosting a yard sale to get rid of stuff that should not have been moved and to clear space to put more stuff that should not have been moved. I am working at the LBS for a regular employee who needs coverage to do fun stuff. I need the money, so I'm a whore. I am bringing some homebrew for after work as these people have not tried beer from the House of Seven.

Sunday is day two of the yard sale from hell but it's my turn. So7 is off to try his new golf irons. My sales pitch is pretty much, $1 for the slow cooker? Fine, I just want it out of here. One dollar will make me as happy as a West Virginia pole dancer.

Lucky you, actually having the yard sale.  I have to spend some time thsi weekend planning and collecting junk for the give away--- two for a dollar is my plan.

Also need to plant annuals and pull weeds.  Oh and dog school too.

7 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

After some testing today the rest of the weekend is clear to celebrate youngest son's birthday.  Today however is test day for some new tires and taller gears.  That means "go straights" adjusting and launch control programming followed by some data runs to see if it works.  The improved version of the car is down till next week when parts arrive to make it lighter.  It's already underweight but lighter means that the ballast can be put where it does the most good, probably up front to cure some tendency to wheelstand about 20 feet out from the start.

One tire test done.  The car does not like this set run dry but with some heat in them.  They will get tested again next week with traction compound.  The gear appears to be on bridge too far.  I won't know for sure however till the tires work better at launch.

So that's the name of the new green Barracuda..........."It ain't easy"

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Cool and on the wet side this weekend..but temps are on the rise next week..need to take my AC covers off and get my fan out...

How hot is it going to get?