I drove to Mercer to pick up a prescription

Longjohn

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I explained in another thread. I think my body is making too much insulin for the amount of sugar I am eating. I’ll see if I can get an appointment with my pcp. I don’t think this is heart related. 

Ask your doctor, but when I go bicycling or on a long drive I have a little bag that includes a plastic bottle of apple juice or a couple juice boxes. If I feel a little drained - potentially hypoglycemic - I pull over and drink some of that sugar!

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Ask your doctor, but when I go bicycling or on a long drive I have a little bag that includes a plastic bottle of apple juice or a couple juice boxes. If I feel a little drained - potentially hypoglycemic - I pull over and drink some of that sugar!

Tubes of Smarties are my preferred source of glucose. They can be purchased cheaply in big bags after Halloween.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, MickinMD said:

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Tubes of Smarties are my preferred source of glucose. They can be purchased cheaply in big bags after Halloween.

I keep Cliff Gel Shots everywhere. They hit the blood stream quickly, are easily carried & stowed, keep for years and are heat resistant. I keep them in my & my wife’s car, desk, back pack and jersey pocket.  Glucose crashes are scary. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Shirley he can charm a nurse into lending him one. :)

\

My son brought me one last night He has a wedding rehearsal in Erie tomorrow for the sweetest girl. Then he has to rush Bach and lead worship for an AOG pastors conference that will be taking place each evening at his church. I told him I didn’t have a charger so there won’t be many updates. He smilies and said he has been to this rodeo before, he brought me one.. He has to lead worship for the conference then lead worship for the regular morning service, then drive back to Erie and perform the wedding then back to the conference.. He needs to take a weeks vacation when this if all done. I’m waiting for my phlebotomist who told me she would be back to see me at four am. She is very young and cute.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1