@LongJohn’s thread to keep us in the loop

Airehead

54 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Darn it!  I want to use multiple emojis!  A :)  because you are being cared for and looked at.  The hug one because you have been through tons the past couple years and deserve the hugs.  And a sad face because I hate seeing it take so much of your time and effort and willpower to go through this whole ordeal.

image.png.a336f9932dfbe28a417db87115de2af5.png

Well said

20 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I’m home. I don’t have any energy. I still have doctor appointments about every day. Yesterday I mowed the front yard. When my wife passed I hit the ground with all wheels spinning getting rid of stuff, this blood count thing has me stalled out. I’m going to have to downsize if I live that long. This is not how I expected life to be after Esther.

I know.  But being a rockstar isn't for all of us. In all seriousness, you have many reasons to keep on living, John.  You send photos of them all the time.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

31 minutes ago, Kirby said:

As Aire mentions, there has been so much going on and so many stressful things.  You just need some time to relax and take care of yourself now and not worry about long term plans   But it is never good to make decisions during times of stress, and this is definitely a time of stress.  Be kind to yourself, don't expect anything of yourself for now and know that you have family and friends who care \,  We may be imaginary but our love and concern is real. :nodhead:

This @Longjohn

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I had mono about 1972. I was sick as a dog for over a week. Forced myself to go to work anyway. Finally went to the doctor, he ran some tests and told me I had mono. He told me to stay home from work for a week. I was starting to feel better by then so I spent the week rebuilding the engine in my hippy van.

I got mono in college and had to drop all my classes and ended up in the hospital for more than a week.  I lost 25 pounds and started at 150.  I got huge random infections for at least 6 months after, too.  All in all, I don't recommend mono.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I got mono in college and had to drop all my classes and ended up in the hospital for more than a week.  I lost 25 pounds and started at 150.  I got huge random infections for at least 6 months after, too.  All in all, I don't recommend mono.

I had a friend that had it and was sick for six months. My immune system must have been good in those days.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Hippie van motors shouldn't take a week. What else were ya doin?

This wasn’t a Vee Dub hippy wagon, I got one of those after I had kids. This was a Chevy Forward control with the engine beside the driver’s seat. I sat on a Coleman cooler full of beer while working on it. I knew I had the whole week off. I had two stereo systems in the van. I wasn’t in any hurry.

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I sweated more than I ever have for aboot a week.  All isolated in the college infirmary.  The nurses changed the bedding many times for me.

• Heart 1

Whelp this heart monitor isn’t any better than the ones I had to wear in the horse spittle. I have wires attached to me, a big sensor that hangs around my neck with the wires attached to it and a cellphone device type thing that I have to keep within ten feet of me at all times. If an alarm goes off I have to answer the questions it asks me. No swimming until the end of June. :angry:

• Sad 5
  • Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Whelp this heart monitor isn’t any better than the ones I had to wear in the horse spittle. I have wires attached to me, a big sensor that hangs around my neck with the wires attached to it and a cellphone device type thing that I have to keep within ten feet of me at all times. If an alarm goes off I have to answer the questions it asks me. No swimming until the end of June. :angry:

Why do you have this monitor? 

What about your blood?  (asking for a vampire friend)

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Why do you have this monitor? 

What about your blood?  (asking for a vampire friend)

Good question, I think the life vest people are in cahoots with them. The life vest people said “we got him for $750 before he got wise to us, see how much you can get him for.”

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

When do you see a doctor again? 

I have appointments next Wednesday and two appointments on Thursday. The one early on Thursday is with my oncologist and is marked EXAM and highlighted. Never saw that on my appointment notice before. They must be looking for something.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I have appointments next Wednesday and two appointments on Thursday. The one early on Thursday is with my oncologist and is marked EXAM and highlighted. Never saw that on my appointment notice before. They must be looking for something.

Ok, I will try to be patient.  I want your plan of conquering this to be written and executed as quickly as possible.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Make sure study, get a good nights sleep the night before and get a good breakfast.  Ands remember to write your name at the top of the exam sheet.

I remember when I was first diagnosed the checkups always involved a lot of groping and prodding by the doctor. Over the years they evolved into mostly lab reports and asking me questions.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

With this monitor I’m not allowed to go swimming but I am allowed to pull the wires off and take a bath. I have a 28’ bathtub off the back deck. I wonder if I should use colored sharpies to mark my skin where each colored wire is supposed to go?

yes to the sharpies

• Heart 1

Well I never got around to marking the placement of the wires with a sharpie. When I got up this morning all the wires were hanging from the lanyard and had come off during the night. The monitor never made a sound. While all the electrodes were off I took a nice long shower. I got out the book that came with the monitor and tried to figure out electrode placement. After I got them all on the monitor started beeping telling me to check the electrode contacts. They are all on and stuck on tight so I don’t know what they want. The booklet said if I return the device damaged I will be charged $2,200. I think this thing is another scam.

407701A1-C513-441B-8CEA-636AD408819B.jpeg.b26ed8822d125dc86c1a6f1dbc4c94cb.jpeg

• Hugs 2

1 minute ago, smudge said:

And I'll call the pizza delivery guy and the local bakery. Send a couple larges and a baker's dozen to @Longjohn STAT!!

OOH, I'll call the brewery to send a keg to wash it down. 

I should go back to taking pictures of my meals. If you had seen everything I ate the last three days you wouldn’t think it possible I’m unable to gain weight. I have to admit pizza and beer sounds better. I had salmon, potatoes, red bell pepper, a large sweet onion, mushrooms, and carrots. All cooked in olive oil. Washed it down with a bottle of boost.

• Heart 4

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I should go back to taking pictures of my meals. If you had seen everything I ate the last three days you wouldn’t think it possible I’m unable to gain weight. I have to admit pizza and beer sounds better. I had salmon, potatoes, red bell pepper, a large sweet onion, mushrooms, and carrots. All cooked in olive oil. Washed it down with a bottle of boost.

Beer works for me!