@LongJohn’s thread to keep us in the loop

Airehead

15 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I should be able to climb hills now. Upper body looks like TDF mountain man. Problem is lower body looks the same

E-bike will get that taken care of. Meanwhile, rest and let the good cells have a chance against the baddies. Leukemia. They’re looking for leukemia. 
Lots of prayers. 

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

How are you doing, LJ?

Not too bad. Seeing lots of doctors this week. Hoping they can get this sorted out. I was giving Oreo some attention last night and he was purring and seemed to be enjoying it and all of a sudden he swatted my arm. It bled like crazy for about ten minutes. I read him the riot act. I guess he will be a feed only cat now, I can’t risk any scratches.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Not too bad. Seeing lots of doctors this week. Hoping they can get this sorted out. I was giving Oreo some attention last night and he was purring and seemed to be enjoying it and all of a sudden he swatted my arm. It bled like crazy for about ten minutes. I read him the riot act. I guess he will be a feed only cat now, I can’t risk any scratches.

Just put a towel on your arm or something like that. Kitty skritches are good for everyone.

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

:runcirclsmiley:Can I give you some..you are 3 feet taller than me and 3 pounds lighter :frantics:

That would be nice. On the way home from the oncologist I stopped at the Apple Castle and bought a peck of Empire apples and two chocolate donuts. I ate one apple and both donuts on the drive home. I have another doctor appointment at 1:30

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

My weight has dropped to 152. Owl have to be careful on a windy day.

Have they put you on a food program or given you appetite-enhancing pills so you can keep you weight up?  Maintaining weight was an important part of my mother's treatment when she had lung cancer and it extended her life.

46 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Have they put you on a food program or given you appetite-enhancing pills so you can keep you weight up?  Maintaining weight was an important part of my mother's treatment when she had lung cancer and it extended her life.

They haven’t, they are already working on several different angles at the same time. I drink Boost.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The cheese and butter grits are not part of a heart healthy diet. I could eat plain grits.

Use skim milk, no butter and parmesan cheese-- because a little of that adds maximum taste.  Then pepper and hot sauce

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

She said the results of all the lab work looks good, good kidney function, good iron level, blood count is continuing to be good. She scheduled  me back in October unless something else comes up. I still have a crapton of other appointments and they just added a colonoscopy. 🤪

Keep us in the loop for the other Crapton. 

This is snot good.

LEFT VENTRICLE:
 The left ventricle is mildly dilated.
 Normal myocardial thickness.
 Severe global hypokinesis is present.
 Ejection fraction is estimated at 35 %.
 EF CALCULATED: 44 %
 RIGHT VENTRICLE:
 The right ventricle is normal in size.
 RV systolic function is normal.

MISCELLANEOUS:
 LIMITED VIEWS

Type of Study

TTE procedure: US transthor echo 2D ltd (SC).

Indications: Acute Chronic Systolic Heart Failure. ICD-10: I50.23.

Patient Status: Routine

Rhythm: Normal sinus rhythmHR: 70 bpmBP: 125/61 mmHg

The ejection fraction is the problem.
  • Hugs 4

Sorry the news isn't the results you wanted.  Did they suggest any treatment steps or are they plannint to monitor this.  Either way,we care and are saying prayers, so keep us posted.

• Heart 1