Virtually all outdoor mask requirements dropped in MD

MickinMD

CNN is announcing that several states including Maryland dropped mask laws after the CDC said vaccinated people don't need them in most cases, but in MD only outdoor restrictions were dropped.

The Washington Post writes, "Statewide, people still must wear masks in indoor commercial and public spaces and on public transportation. But [Governor] Hogan said some coronavirus precautions could be lifted “in the weeks ahead” as vaccination rates keep climbing and caseloads continue to decline."

Hogan said that once 70% coverage is reached, many indoor restrictions may be lifted.  Over 60% of Maryland adults have gotten at least 1 shot.

He also said that there's no practical way to tell for sure who's been vaccinated or not, so the lifting of restrictions will apply to all.

It will be great to get back to normal, but I hope they wait until a new surge wont occur.  If you take out the Easter surge - the last upward bump in the graphs below, the COVID hospital beds and case rates have been dropping steadily and the case rate is 30% less than the national avg., but I worry about another bump when indoor restrictions enf.

image.thumb.png.6b3ab55c75b5f33b43087521e4a84485.png

SEEEEEEE ......this right here confuses the crap out of me! 
I'm not looking for a fight or massive argument, I just want to know the truth behind why "Vaccinated" people can go without masks, but un-vaccinated people have to still wear the mask.. I mean.. a week ago it was "Wear your mask or you will all die" and now it's "Well... stop wearing them if your vaccinated... it's OK"

At work someone told me that the un-vaccinated people need to keep wearing them to protect the vaccinated.. This right there makes no sense.. if your vaccinated then you should not really have to worry a person that is not vaccinated.. 

Then they go on about saying that you will need to show your vaccinated passport at some locations to get in... Personally to me that falls under HIPPA violations and is also considered discrimination... 

Maybe I am seeing this wrong. 

1 minute ago, KrAzY said:

SEEEEEEE ......this right here confuses the crap out of me! 
I'm not looking for a fight or massive argument, I just want to know the truth behind why "Vaccinated" people can go without masks, but un-vaccinated people have to still wear the mask.. I mean.. a week ago it was "Wear your mask or you will all die" and now it's "Well... stop wearing them if your vaccinated... it's OK"

At work someone told me that the un-vaccinated people need to keep wearing them to protect the vaccinated.. This right there makes no sense.. if your vaccinated then you should not really have to worry a person that is not vaccinated.. 

Then they go on about saying that you will need to show your vaccinated passport at some locations to get in... Personally to me that falls under HIPPA violations and is also considered discrimination... 

Maybe I am seeing this wrong. 

HIPAA, not HIPPA.

I suspect a lot has to do with the economy.  I have no simple answer.  This is far from over.  Many more will die, millions more.  India is just getting started.  They have over a billion people.  Just behind China, but so much more congested.  Sadly, they will lose millions in that one country.

Vaccinated people are far from immune to the virus.  They are likely more protected and will possibly have more mild symptoms if infected.

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

HIPAA, not HIPPA.

I suspect a lot has to do with the economy.  I have no simple answer.  This is far from over.  Many more will die, millions more.  India is just getting started.  They have over a billion people.  Just behind China, but so much more congested.  Sadly, they will lose millions in that one country.

Vaccinated people are far from immune to the virus.  They are likely more protected and will possibly have more mild symptoms if infected.

Meh.. HIPAA/HIPPA/HIPPO... it's whatever my phone decided to call it that time typing..LOL

Ya.. all this changing of their minds is just confusing.. I have to constantly make and post new signs at work. 
Some guy came in screaming about not wearing a mask.. We are cool with it, but he was not cool with me.. I'm sure I will be talking to HR again! 

He walked in, My co-workers said "Sir, we still require a mask"
Guy: I have been vaccinated, I don't need a mask"
Co: "Thats fine, Just go and get your temp checked over there and we can let you roam free without a mask"
Guy: "I said I have been VACCINATED, I DONT need a mask"
ME: "Excuse me sir... I have had a vasectomy, but I'm sure you still don't want me plowing your daughter unprotected"
Guy: "So I just go over there" and points to the service counter

It definitely will be interesting to see what all comes of this within the upcoming months. 

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Then they go on about saying that you will need to show your vaccinated passport at some locations to get in...

As more locations drop the mask requirement, more will follow because the locations that don't have the mask requirement will do a greater volume of business.

There will remain a few places that believe they have an unshakable following and customer base, a base that will endure wearing a mask to obtain the product or service.  But even those places will eventually cave, as they come to realize a business can subsist only so long on an existing base and they see customer drifting off to their competitors.

Eventually it will come down to economics, or should I say profits.  And that's not a bad thing either, because the purpose of having or running a business is to make a profit; to earn money.

4 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

As more locations drop the mask requirement, more will follow because the locations that don't have the mask requirement will do a greater volume of business.

There will remain a few places that believe they have an unshakable following and customer base, a base that will endure wearing a mask to obtain the product or service.  But even those places will eventually cave, as they come to realize a business can subsist only so long on an existing base and they see customer drifting off to their competitors.

Eventually it will come down to economics, or should I say profits.  And that's not a bad thing either, because the purpose of having or running a business is to make a profit; to earn money.

Oh I fully agree with that and I see that here in TX.. The places that have never had a mask policy (wear it if you want, but we don't enforce it) have been booming here the whole time. 
The places that caved half way through about the mandate are doing great.. the places that are still screaming you need a mask or you don't come in.. well they are doing ok with the mask wearing folk, but they lost a lot of business.. I know a couple that went out of business for fighting with customers. 

Sadly way to many small business were forced to close and will never reopen again. They had great things going for them before the pandemic, but the mandates just killed them

The anti-masker anti-Vader’s dream. You know they are not going to go out and get vaccinated so the don’t have to wear mask. I also have this bridge in London I would like to sell you.

More likely they will maintain their obstinate outspoken attitude and start confronting those continuing to wear mask - vaccinated or not.

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

Right?  And Isn’t this logic backwards?

I thought vaccinated people can still get it & spread it to the unvaccinated who will likely have a much worse reaction.  And we wear masks to protect others, not so much ourselves.

So doesn’t it seem the vaccinated should still wear a mask & the unvaccinated shouldn’t?

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Right?  And Isn’t this logic backwards?

I thought vaccinated people can still get it & spread it to the unvaccinated who will likely have a much worse reaction.  And we wear masks to protect others, not so much ourselves.

So doesn’t it seem the vaccinated should still wear a mask & the unvaccinated shouldn’t?

Personally I see it that way. After last year, I have thrown logic out the window and just guess at what is right anymore. 
I'm just going with it is survival of the fittest from now on.. I have refused to fight over the mask thing, I just know I didn't like it from the beginning. I see and stop stupid things all the time... not anymore.. now I'm just standing back and watching. 
When it's my time to go.. so be it... I'm not getting out of life alive! 

To me, this is a "you got vaccinated, so here is a special gift for you.... lets shame the others for not running out and get the shot."