Pedals sold separately???

Square Wheels

25 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Personally I would rather have the bike made of carbon than felt.. It's just not going to hold up in the rain like you think it would. 
There is nothing worse than a soggy floppy bike. 

I think the page is either a joke, or they misplaced the decimal.

Did you see the cost?

image.png

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I think the page is either a joke, or they misplaced the decimal.

Did you see the cost?

image.png

Nope.. I don’t pay attention to costs anymore. I just don’t look because I already know my wife will say no to me getting something 😂

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

When I shopped for major appliances for my new house, for many of the possible choices, power cords, hoses, etc. were "sold separately."  It should be that the low-cost standard thing comes with the appliance, bicycle, etc. and if you want an upgrade you pay the difference in price from the standard.

Otherwise, it's just a game to hide the true cost - like some things online that cost $4.99 plus $15 shipping and handling.

Also, "sales tax."  Why do you have to pay it when you're buying, not selling?  The sales tax should be built into the price.

When you go to a restaurant in countries like France and the menu says 25 Euros - THAT is exactly what you pay. Taxes and tips are built in.  I wish we had that system and didn't get played with all the add-ons.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Yes.  I go with a typo on the price.

Obviously.  Must be 16,999.99.  Although, at that price, I see no reason for the penny less than 17K.  If you have that much to spend on a bike, you are probably smart enough to know that it isn't really "less than 17,000".  

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

When I shopped for major appliances for my new house, for many of the possible choices, power cords, hoses, etc. were "sold separately."  It should be that the low-cost standard thing comes with the appliance, bicycle, etc. and if you want an upgrade you pay the difference in price from the standard.

Otherwise, it's just a game to hide the true cost - like some things online that cost $4.99 plus $15 shipping and handling.

Also, "sales tax."  Why do you have to pay it when you're buying, not selling?  The sales tax should be built into the price.

When you go to a restaurant in countries like France and the menu says 25 Euros - THAT is exactly what you pay. Taxes and tips are built in.  I wish we had that system and didn't get played with all the add-ons.

I get your point but for most of us who ride seriously we have a pedal preference anyway and we need specific shoes for those pedals.   I’m pretty sure at certain price points pedals are included but for higher end bikes they are not included.  Haven’t been for 20+ years or so.  And if a new rider starts at a higher price point basic flat pedals are inexpensive.  

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Pedals are a very personal choice at that level. 

Yup. I tell people my bikes don't come w/ pedals and they're like :blink: wtf?. Then I need to explain, at a certain level, cyclist have their preference of pedals. And there are many types of cleat systems. And, like me, I have pedals that I transfer to a new road bike. The exception was when I bought SPD for my CX.

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Yup. I tell people my bikes don't come w/ pedals and they're like :blink: wtf?. Then I need to explain, at a certain level, cyclist have their preference of pedals. And there are many types of cleat systems. And, like me, I have pedals that I transfer to a new road bike. The exception was when I bought SPD for my CX.

I’m cheap and just transfer the same peddles I use on one bike to another when I wanna ride that bike.. 😂

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Yup. I tell people my bikes don't come w/ pedals and they're like :blink: wtf?.

Yeah..  I gave up explaining the cost of my bikes /equipment/ etc... to people a long time ago.   

I use SPD on my MTB and tandem.  Look Keo on my road bike.  

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yeah..  I gave up explaining the cost of my bikes /equipment/ etc... to people a long time ago.   

I use SPD on my MTB and tandem.  Look Keo on my road bike.  

yup...I have look keo blade on my road, spd on CX, and flat on my fat.

I don't discus price, I'm willing to spend what I'm willing spend, I'm not trying to explain it to someone who doesn't want to understand.

A lot of guys at work ride bikes with their kids, and they buy the bikes at Walmart, and they are happy. I don't criticize their choice, and I don't tell them what my bike cost....Or my camera....

They all seem to be proud of what their Harley's cost though.... 

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I don't understand the relevance, or why we're even having this discussion here. :scratchhead:

Yeah... I'd bet must (if not all) of us purchased bikes that didn't include pedals. 

But for $170K (more like $17K ?) you would think there would be included.