Jump to content

@Golden on Sunday


Airehead
 Share

Recommended Posts



Just now, Airehead said:

How are you my friend?  I'm still fretting about your crash and injury.  Check in if you can.

And ask him to throw in another baby pic. You have that kind of clout.  :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

And ask him to throw in another baby pic. You have that kind of clout.  :)

She is an adorable little girl.  Has her dad wrapped right around her little finer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I now know how the thumb came off. Investigating the damage to the bike, I found the piece of meat missing when they stitched me back together. It was in the brifter. I was in the drops and damage points to me probably hitting a glancing blow on the fork and full speed onto the shifter. 

The shifter musta turned into a dull cleaver at that force and lopped off the thumb.

  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

Oh, I now know how the thumb came off. Investigating the damage to the bike, I found the piece of meat missing when they stitched me back together. It was in the brifter. I was in the drops and damage points to me probably hitting a glancing blow on the fork and full speed onto the shifter. 

The shifter musta turned into a dull cleaver at that force and lopped off the thumb.

Before Theodore Kadiddlehopper can say it, “don’t do that again”. Your daughter is lovely and a joy I’m sure. Good luck and a fast recovery. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Can I just get them from Pet Supermarket? 

Or go stick your hand in a mirky pond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

but I was serious.  Your injury looks significant, leaches may help keep the thumb.

Probably. I asked the hand surgeon nurse to ask. hey said they do use leeches where applicable. But typically wait until the trauma has been minimized and a better look at the overall damage. 

Here's the thumb today, much better but still pretty fucked up:

Spoiler

 

image.thumb.png.eca6db3e51ec11306c66fe46e294475e.png

image.png.7f9134a1ae8bdc642f4711b87e11e18e.png

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Airehead said:

When is your surgery

Probably Friday. Actual appt with surgeon is thursday and he does surgery on Fri. It's gotten really black-is near the tip has my wife kinda freaked out. I think it's just bruising.

 

Spoiler

pjDOkpdQvo8iw_ew3xtOTL63vym8uqsr61G4Z1_7

cv4Jy_ou74ebkma1kAhtQDnjB11guu5DCWgrYYJpNyzMh7VgB6KCxxCAgkNIIhompAmZlG0rUi99ZkEv-_tfwYPETjDuzCiT_J2KLKHoCX5iha5u88khDIWGOmhYYlNz6QXZrWLP779EwAnnG8zvqPDgacV2JD97zNVpHQnFVnOQ4F_PD3qoKTvDcA2GHDJ9EcmsYMPctwMkNZ_9Ed20AYPcmzYBbRRCtHGUtQuY8HmbJtaR5DBaUNCs5E7GAln8drjz6gTZCPTGBt836yl_2ZjMZkedoWlkQRb-bOK8ONeWzC7PriQS88lhL2j2xfhcRTUpiND2sfl8bI22y-cVhCuC8FH1RpIPgw28phH0d_wq3nByzTrrR1Dz9fMPEwO4_3Q1owZ9ldBsVQlVXO7Y3ybbobhBujXZ4lECkbxIf_MlWH5KDZJ395bXwXDTh9nXrof8b2i8CKMvWpODlMeNjmSv2lu0ZQY9qZ93a0gyVyoD-xzOK-aBdfqMcdp9x6Ox10CtNcwJpUO2KvK7leSJRCiZgGGT6huwAP7zi6fCwkEVN_mbHw5vC2ZAjcOhviMnXxHqsE0CCUz15wjVMJWvmvpof7u7I4W3MvRMgfIIEYkI7ld_bD93WfliLD8QpAy3_Oh0pgYyGlf7pwQwFK3fNrRbseaiBYLgVRtiPHntF0HMo_lWONlDP2QlFxkDeUMVa2ph0lPmB09RjyeWlBr489nG=w528-h937-no?authuser=1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So when I was around kindergarten age, mom had a HUGE Olds 88 or 98.  Something like this.

RealRides of WNY - 1970 Olds Ninety-Eight

 

Any who, hot Texas summer day and we are going to go to 7-11 to get Slurpees (Frozen coke to @AirwickWithCheese).  Car is in garage and doors are open to cool off.  I am drawn to the grease in the door hinges  by the back door, and I am playin with the hinge.  Mom shuts her door and someone gets in back seat and shuts that door and my left pointer finger is trapped.  I am screaming and bleeding, They wrap up my hand, take me to the doc and he gets the bleeding stopped and asks about my finger tip.  Neighbor and brother go home and find it on garage floor.  Doc sews it back on.

Mom says my finger swolled up, turned black, smelled horrible, but the finger tip took.  I still have the finger, but lost some feeling to it and it is shorter than my right pointer.
 

Hopefully yours heals the same.  So based on my lmiited experience, turning black and swelling and stinking is good, or at least not too bad.

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

So when I was around kindergarten age, mom had a HUGE Olds 88 or 98.  Something like this.

RealRides of WNY - 1970 Olds Ninety-Eight

 

Any who, hot Texas summer day and we are going to go to 7-11 to get Slurpees (Frozen coke to @AirwickWithCheese).  Car is in garage and doors are open to cool off.  I am drawn to the grease in the door hinges  by the back door, and I am playin with the hinge.  Mom shuts her door and someone gets in back seat and shuts that door and my left pointer finger is trapped.  I am screaming and bleeding, They wrap up my hand, take me to the doc and he gets the bleeding stopped and asks about my finger tip.  Neighbor and brother go home and find it on garage floor.  Doc sews it back on.

Mom says my finger swolled up, turned black, smelled horrible, but the finger tip took.  I still have the finger, but lost some feeling to it and it is shorter than my right pointer.
 

Hopefully yours heals the same.  So based on my lmiited experience, turning black and swelling and stinking is good, or at least not too bad.

You deserved much more love for this post. You poured your heart out, offered encouragement to one of our beloved injured forumites, and in doing so admitted you were one step away from being a carny with no hope of ever entrapping Martha.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...