So, I think all meetings should start with a piece of cake.

MoseySusan

...and before you make with the Seinfeld allusions, consider how lovely a piece of moist cake with creamy frosting would be at the start of an hour of otherwise wasted time, listening to self-interested discussion of trivial matters and someone laughing at his own jokes.  Add a cup of freshly brewed coffee with a little cinnamon, and that's a meeting I would be happy to attend.  I'll even take notes in between bites and sips.

I think if you have time to eat cake, you're in the wrong meeting

If I was still at the university, I would agree with you, but out in the private sector, wasting that kind of man hours is how companies go tits up

the only place I've ever seen those sort of meetings were places funded by tax dollars

please don't take that the wrong way, its just economics.

• Heart 1

I was thinking "Rum Cake"......, then just "rum". Meetings would be way better if like in the old sailing days everyone had to have a dram of rum beforehand. The arguments from the knuckleheads would go from stupid to entertaining in just a couple sips!

I'd be in the hospital from alcohol poisoning with all the stupid meetings lately. 

I think if you have time to eat cake, you're in the wrong meeting

If I was still at the university, I would agree with you, but out in the private sector, wasting that kind of man hours is how companies go tits up

the only place I've ever seen those sort of meetings were places funded by tax dollars

please don't take that the wrong way, its just economics.

Heeeee'ss BAAAAACCCCk....  :angry: