Garage Sales

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by Ralphie,

I think I've only been to one, when my sister promised to stop at one a neighbor was having.  I always think I'd feel too awkward stopping and then just leaving.  It's like telling someone their stuff and life aren't worth the $1.50 price tag.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

I really must have a sale and get rid of so much stuff. Everything a dollar. 

Do you have a Speedglas welding helmet for sale? The one in the first video sells new for around $2,000

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, BR46 said:

Do you have a Speedglas welding helmet for sale? The one in the first video sells new for around $2,000

see? You were paying attention and I thank you.  Please give WOBR46 a hug for me this morning. Wilbur triggered one of my deep seeded fears.   :(

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Very few chains is a great sign! Go get a frozen Coke today.  :nodhead:

Exactly. We have several unique restaurants & businesses owned by local people :) Oh, and an Arby's its near the border :D We had the very first A&W in Michigan...it closed though :(  It's now a local ice cream/coffee with some good small types of samiches & such.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Exactly. We have several unique restaurants & businesses owned by local people :) Oh, and an Arby's its near the border :D We had the very first A&W in Michigan...it closed though :(  It's now a local ice cream/coffee with some good small types of samiches & such.

This tells me your city started to go down the road of moral decay but the citizens banded together and extracted the cavity. I would look into those garage sales though. 

• Haha 1

We had a yard sale this past weekend. Nobody was allowed in the garage; that’s where the SnapOn tools are kept. We advertised as a yard/estate sale even though nobody died. We were trying to attract more buyers through deception. Made $170 on Saturday; nothing on Sunday. We still have a lot of crap. I was hoping we would donate what didn’t sell and take the offal to the dump, but Wo7 wants to try to sell the stuff online. Woe is me.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

This tells me your city started to go down the road of moral decay but the citizens banded together and extracted the cavity. I would look into those garage sales though. 

As discussed at a city council meeting, there is a new restaurant/bar in the works :)

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

As discussed at a city council meeting, there is a new restaurant/bar in the works :)

The bars/honky tonks should limited to the perimeter of the city. Effort should be made to have the hostesses be young and line dance. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

The bars/honky tonks should limited to the perimeter of the city. Effort should be made to have the hostesses be young and line dance. 

Most are limited to the downtown development authority area, so they are not in the middle of neighborhoods. Nice that most places are downtown :) I'm 1 mile from the center of it all :skipping:which is why I bike to dinner all the time

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

Most are limited to the downtown development authority area, so they are not in the middle of neighborhoods. Nice that most places are downtown :) I'm 1 mile from the center of it all :skipping:which is why I bike to dinner all the time

Will you keep your eyes out for me for any of the old game consoles or Debbie Gibson albums?   :slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Garage sales have been replaced by Facebook Marketplace. 

Cincinnati was once a great city, at least compared to Cleveland. Now if YouTube is any indication, garage sales are the primary source of income for 73% of the population.  :(

2 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Cincinnati was once a great city, at least compared to Cleveland. Now if YouTube is any indication, garage sales are the primary source of income for 73% of the population.  :(

Cincinnati has always been a wonderful city (sans their chili).  Please NEVER compare the Queen City to that dump on the lake.  Cincinnati is the only reason we continue allow Ohio to exist.  Without Cincinnati, Ohio would have been.......... well............ part of Kentucky.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Cincinnati has always been a wonderful city (sans their chili).  Please NEVER compare the Queen City to that dump on the lake.  Cincinnati is the only reason we continue allow Ohio to exist.  Without Cincinnati, Ohio would have been.......... well............ part of Kentucky.

It was the best in Ohio, true, but it really has gone downhill. I don't think they have a Sears or Kmart and most people have their groceries delivered to their house. Aldi is big there.   :(

15 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

She was dead to me when she hurt Burt.  :angry:

hurt, smurt... whatever.  Cincinnati has never been the same since.

Montgomery Inn on the northeast end of town - Best slow cooked pork ribs ever.

3 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I am not old enough to remember either being all that great. :) 

• Heart 1