5 months and $700 later

BR46

I finally get the crankshaft back for the sidecars main motor from the balance shop and they didn't do all the work. They never welded the crank pins like the work order said. 

They want me to send it back for the welding...not going to happen. It took 5 months already when they told me 3 weeks. 

They won't give me the balance factor that they used so that means that if I built a different motor I wouldn't be able to make any adjustments in the balance of the motor. 

Not happy with CrankWorks 

• Sad 8

6 minutes ago, smudge said:

Get on 'em! That's just not right.  

I welded it myself self. I was not going to ship it back to Arizona and wait longer for it when I have to tools to weld it myself. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, smudge said:

Oh fer shure! But you need some specs, right?

They won't give them to me. 

Other balance shops will give you the balance factor used for that crankshaft and what rpm it's balanced for. That way I can make adjustments if I build a different motor. Not many shops are willing to working on the 7 piece cranks.

I told Crank Works that I'm planning on building another motor and they won't be seeing anything from me 

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Probably related to the pandemic. :dontknow:

That's what they are claiming but I found 2 other racers that had problems with getting the work done in the time that they quoted. 

• Heart 1