So I have a shitload of green beans - what creative things can I do with them?

Ralphie

I serve this either hot or cold. 

Sesame Ginger Green Bean Salad
Prep Time
15 mins
Cook Time
10 mins
Total Time
25 mins

These Sesame Ginger Green Beans are so easy and almost completely make-ahead. Just throw them together at the last minute and expect rave reviews!
Course: Side 
Cuisine: Asian 
Keyword: Green Bean Salad 
Servings: 6
Calories: 123 kcal
Author: Chris Scheuer
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds haricots verts or slender green beans trimmed, if using regular beans
  • 1 tablespoons sunflower oil or other neutral tasting oil oil
  • 1 tablespoon finely minced or grated fresh ginger
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
  • 1 cup tiny frozen peas thawed
  • 2 teaspoons light sesame seeds
  • 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Instructions
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water (I do this right in my sink.) Have a large strainer ready to drain the beans.
  2. While water is heating, prepare sauce (glaze) by combining oil, ginger, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and Sriracha in a small bowl.
  3. Add beans to boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally (if your beans are really small and thin, only cook for 3 1/2 minutes). Drain well and immediately plunge into the bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process) then drain again and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Shake strainer occasionally to remove as much water as possible.
  4. Spread drained beans out on several thicknesses of paper toweling or a clean kitchen towel and pat to dry as much as possible. At this point, beans can be wrapped in dry paper towels, placed in a ziplock bag and refrigerated till just before serving.
  5. When ready to serve, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add sauce and stir continuously for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and starting to thicken slightly.

6. Add green beans and stir gently for 2-3 minutes or until veggies are glazed and warmed through. Add peas and sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon of kosher or regular salt and a generous grind of fresh pepper. Stir again for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with light and black sesame seeds. Serve hot or at room temperature.
  • Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Steam them a bit...then toss the in a pan with olive oil, garlic, rosemary and a ton of salt...slowly cooking them til the start to brown a bit.

Or..again lightly steamed the toss with a bit of vegetable oil and a little sesame oil for flavor..and soy sauce..cook them til wilted and sprinkle with sesame seeds. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1