One of the joys of riding

bikeman564™

Meeting people was always the fun part.. sadly where I am now, I don’t have that option.. you see the lone rider or the husband and wife team.. I would have to travel about 30 min to make it to a group ride.. not to mention… down here they hate cyclists with a passion.. slim to no bike lanes near me, passing cars will yell, throw things, and had a buddy that had a gun pulled on him a few weeks ago.. 

I’m now wondering if I can 3D print a holster for my down tube 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

I'd have to agree that you never know who you'll meet out there - riding or hiking or even the grocery store :)  A few years, my wife and I were riding on the C&O up around Harpers Ferry, and we got talking to some guys with their camping gear strapped to their bikes.  We asked them where they were headed and they were on their final shakedown ride before heading to South America for a north to south ride.  We cheered them on, and got their website and I was able to see some of their posts a while later.  I might want to see if they ever finished or have done other rides together.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'd have to agree that you never know who you'll meet out there - riding or hiking or even the grocery store :)  A few years, my wife and I were riding on the C&O up around Harpers Ferry, and we got talking to some guys with their camping gear strapped to their bikes.  We asked them where they were headed and they were on their final shakedown ride before heading to South America for a north to south ride.  We cheered them on, and got their website and I was able to see some of their posts a while later.  I might want to see if they ever finished or have done other rides together.

The most interesting people I met was couple on a tandem riding from California, to Toronto (they were riding thru my city). Then back the their home in the UK. I follow them on strava :) Speaking of camping. When I was in the U.P. in 2018 w/ some bike club peeps. I seen another dude in the campground one morning when he was packing up his bike. He was on a bike packing trip. Pretty cool.

• Heart 1