How Many Siblings Do You Have?

Razors Edge

...and where are you in the birth order?

I'm one of nine kids from my father with five of us "original" kids from my mom and dad.

1: Sister (1967) - my dad is 22 / my mom is 21.

2: Sister (1968)

3: Me (1970)

4: Brother (1980)

5: Brother (1981)

6: Sister (1983) - from dad and his new wife

7: Sister (1989)

8: Sister (1993) - from dad and his third/final wife

9: Sister (1999) - dad is 55.

1. Me - 1950.  Mom 26, Dad 28.

2. Sister - 1959

3. Brother - 1965

My father was asked at a Bull and Oyster Roast we attended, "Why are your kids so spaced apart?"

Dad had that Irish Gift of Gab and, without blinking an eye, replied, "It was a long time between drinks."

Having no children of my own and with my siblings much younger, I became a substitute grandfather for my nephews after my parents passed away, attending Grandparents' Day at school, watching them when sick, taking them places on days when school was closed, etc.

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

1. Me - 1950.  Mom 26, Dad 28.

2. Sister - 1959

3. Brother - 1965

My father was asked at a Bull and Oyster Roast we attended, "Why are your kids so spaced apart?"

Dad had that Irish Gift of Gab and, without blinking an eye, replied, "It was a long time between drinks."

You & your brother are like me & my oldest sisters who are 17, 16 & 15 years older than me.  They may have been aunts to me growing up as I don’t remember them. Sister #2 got pregnant at 16 so I have a nephew my age...

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

You & your brother are like me & my oldest sisters who are 17, 16 & 15 years older than me.  They may have been aunts to me growing up as I don’t remember them. Sister #2 got pregnant at 16 so I have a nephew my age...

Yep - my older sister's daughter is one year older than one of her "aunts" and over 10yrs older than two other aunts. 

• Heart 1

Am l (or lst) of 6.  I had the most baby pics.

Others are 1960-2010, 1961, 1964, 1967, 1969.  There is a 10 yr. spread between oldest and youngest.  I enjoyed lugging around my baby sister at that time...she was so cute to show to neighbours. I followed her up and down the staircase, when she was learning to crawl.

Only 1 set of parents.

I get along well with siblings...and it's gotten better and better over the decades. I feel psychologically protected to come from a larger family of siblings...no matter where I live in this world.

12 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I had the most baby pics.

What a funny but true statement.  We see it with our four nieces from one sister.  The first baby and ensuing years are super well documented in digital photos & videos, then the next is fewer, and the next fewer still.  There was a gap to the 4th, so she benefits from a renewed early interest, but even that has faded over time.

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What a funny but true statement.  We see it with our four nieces from one sister.  The first baby and ensuing years are super well documented in digital photos & videos, then the next is fewer, and the next fewer still.  There was a gap to the 4th, so she benefits from a renewed early interest, but even that has faded over time.

My wife’s younger brother was born when her parents were on the outs & divorced shortly after his birth.  There are hardly any baby pictures of that poor kid...

15 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I am number 3 of 4.  Two older brothers, one younger sister

Brother 1961

Brother 1964

Me         1965

Sister    1969

Wow we are the same age!  Kudos to you tho, not sure I could still physically do the job now.   Had I stayed I’d be retired tho having sworn in  33 years ago. 

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

2 siblings, both sisters. One has seniority by 7 years and the other is my evil twin. Fraternal

zr8_zweu8SytrzuhRM-1QLwcGI1Q4EB-ubu8DAYAEAE4YLaz3yEYM4TKqXR9UI-CX3H0vZYKpKL7GwNaUH8BulAe9ws-1uf7D7i-SVzrPffYD-3tJm2t8mn2hM4ANpJd_Jeiv7yMWby9D86a2U1_-N1yNbgwzPQdRKDMspCQUww87azp8-PwCi1DioTOiuY8r2UXUsWn2z9mi7PXRYhXyd1XcHwBb9MMpEj9cdSqMOPBeI0IJbIvN-DL1a5l1pesn8zHazJRzDTgByvRbPL7ghuxy8QID4EnpO89bGxdpOEGiC3BMThQnT6mKXtn_VsplgcFhwt6v35LuhrXMF7_FgKX0iBnrGA6d1EhXoHZJnzF61_FbXeD3JFDRBT3esEJd3bR3z8Q4ZLjV6fCRbkXX1BggHCloX0jvr15_h_rtxnCeKRxZyp_28M7bdmuOeIRfPY6diTq-Gj5A_5ZtJVTKkU8qGICORno4qkDpkOdkodnS3EoxeZp91PoZJIx2nuNi1SmcpKBRjP_Fv7wZ5khKo6fUBwCvIkn4LApku6rwnTglGNmdOQLEXzqspjDIXQq1zILUgX8MNAXp5nqVMJP8W08jyYuLyA5ZL2WfSiMZAd_KBXJA7fWelRv3OcmVMn_WvLE_MNNMivG9ZRqBiM78k9SwPoFWkMBBnPM75lRouEIHUn8lBgQFAFZFTfZvCor7UOaQWpPXRaqj0pWd9b3ISao=w1666-h937-no?authuser=0

Seems about 3 years ago was when we were all together. Twin lives in town so I see her frequently, eldest lives in Greenville SC

Didn’t realize you had a twin. That’s cool!  Great pic, @goldendesign.

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Wow we are the same age!  Kudos to you tho, not sure I could still physically do the job now.   Had I stayed I’d be retired tho having sworn in  33 years ago. 

I hit 30 years service last October.  As long as my fitness holds up I will do another 5 and then pull the chute .  If I fail one of my dive medicals I may bail early.  

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Many of my baby pics have disappeared. Some sibs took them...and well, as long as they didn't claim it was them. :whistle: On the back of photos, my father did date the photo in pencil.

6 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

I'm the oldest of three boys. I came on the scene in 1953 when my dad was 28 and Mom was 21.

Brothers came in 1956 and 1964. We will be celebrating #2's 65th in ten days.

I used to be embarrassed to tell my friends that when my father was 30, I was his lst child.  My mother was 25.  Meanwhile alot of my friends' parents had their lst kid at 18 yrs. old.