Have you ever went over a friends house to eat

Square Wheels

I worked for a couple between jobs one time.  He was a chiropractor and she ran a health food store.  She would invite me to have lunch with them quite a bit and I appreciated it but even knowing the food was healthy it was sometimes hard to choke down.  One time I was working late and she invited me to have supper with them.  She asked if I liked stuffed peppers.  I never in my life had a stuffed pepper like that.  She was always trying to feed me sushi rolls but I told her I didn't want any.

I think that "gone" would be a better word choice than "went" in this instance.  Your poor word choice ruined this thread for me and I will not be able to answer.

Except this one time we were vistiing my grandmother.  We used to go over every Monday night to take Wade and eat dinner with Mimi and my mother Doris, who came to town on Mondays to take care of Mimi.

So the women decided to have slimy okra (pickled), fried green tomatoes, Lima beans and black eyed peas for dinner.  I can eat black eyed peas, just because I am a Southern, but I do not have to really like them.  The rest of that stuff is just crap.

Wade was still eating baby food at the time and there was not enough for both of us, so I did the only thing I could.

I went to Church's Chicken and got me some breasts and wings and mashed potatoes and cole slaw.

• Heart 1

Watch the video, or I will have a stroke.  That is what rap is supposed to be.

You had me until this.  ^^^

Sugar Hill Gang had absolutely no following or street cred as rappers.  This song introduced rap to mainstream radio, but at the cost of legitimate, house rap artists being able to define the sound instead of SHG studio producers.   

We were invited to a friends for supper where they served "Taco Casserole"

They waited until the first big bite before explaining that he didn't like sour cream so she substituted the layer of sour cream with Miracle Whip. >gag<

Drank lots of wine with each bite to get that one down.

• 6 years later...
On 9/4/2014 at 8:13 AM, Square Wheels said:

And the food just ain't no good?

Our Aunt Sally - the one who died of COVID a few months before her 100th birthday last year - was fun except when you had to eat her food because she was the worst cook we knew.

As you began to dig in she would smile and say, "Delish!"

My sister, brother, and I would sit at the table and try not to laugh.  She'd serve a soup first.  One awful spoonful and we couldn't look at each other without laughing.  "I has some leftover sweet potatoes and thought that would make a good addition!"

It didn't.

• Haha 2