Well Shit....

ChrisL

10 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Mirrors are really hard to get just right. What did she say?

Perfect, thanks honey!!!  She then looked at my reflection and said, oh damn that’s not gonna work...

I can easily raise the mirror. basically drill new holes 3-4 inches higher from each existing hole and I actually didn’t use the bottom D ring so no holes will show.   But I’m gonna leave it for now.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My wife wanted the tops of the medicine cabinet & mirror to line up which they do and she’s 4” shorter than me so it’s perfect for her. So I guess it’s perfect for me too...

So you do you have another bathroom for you to use?  

10 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

So you do you have another bathroom for you to use?  

The downstairs one but I’ll make it work or will raise it.  We still haven’t found a mirror we like for the second upstairs bathroom so when our sons GF is over she uses the downstairs bathroom to get ready.

14 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Perfect, thanks honey!!!  She then looked at my reflection and said, oh damn that’s not gonna work...

I can easily raise the mirror. basically drill new holes 3-4 inches higher from each existing hole and I actually didn’t use the bottom D ring so no holes will show.   But I’m gonna leave it for now.  

I assume she can still see as low as she needs to with the 3-4" higher mirror.  I don't thing the potential lack of symmetry should trump form-follows-function so I'd raise it.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I assume she can still see as low as she needs to with the 3-4" higher mirror.  I don't thing the potential lack of symmetry should trump form-follows-function so I'd raise it.

Yeah she had no objections raising it, I just have to do it.  Every night for the past 2 weeks we have been spending time getting the house back in order so if I do it, it’ll be over the weekend.  

The house needed the refresh and I’m really happy how it turned out but everything except large furniture had to come out. If not for the flooring then for the drywall/painting.  A lot of shit ended up in goodwill & the trash but we still have a lot to do.

When I got married we had a small oval mirror that someone had given us as a gift. WOLJ wanted me to mount it on the door so she could check herself on the way out the door. I asked her how high she wanted it mounted. She said eye level. I was just about to start drilling when she said: “My eye level, not yours”.

• Haha 2