I miss going to the library

AirwickWithCheese

15 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

There's no one there anymore

I never went to the library even back in college.  (class of 77)   Lots of people I knew would go to library to study, or even research stuff. (no internet back then)  I just would ignore the noise in the dorms / apartment and study.  

• Confused 1

No offense to all the lady librarians who ran all of the libraries in schools I attended, because many were wonderful people.  But certainly not likely to be described as "hot".  Maybe it is the idea of the opposite of what you normally see that makes the sexy librarian exciting.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

No offense to all the lady librarians who ran all of the libraries in schools I attended, because many were wonderful people.  But certainly not likely to be described as "hot".  Maybe it is the idea of the opposite of what you normally see that makes the sexy librarian exciting.

This was my experience too.  In HS we hat a crotchety old librarian that would always shout at students to be quiet.  

In college I worked the night shift and would often nap in the library between classes.  They had a crotchety old librarian there as well who would tell me to leave, you can’t sleep here...

I was talking to my Advisor about the librarian one day & he knew my work & school situation. He talked to the librarian & got her to chill out. They even found me a couch up on the 3rd floor I could crash on. 

• Heart 2