Meatless meatballs...

Randomguy

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Maybe add some swiss cheese to them? 

That would be wonderful, except the cheese plate from Trader Joe's that contained the swiss cheese has been consumed in its entirety.  Plus, I don't want it to taste worse, I want it to taste better.

Actually, the meatless meatballs aren't all that bad, they just don't taste like real meatballs (which taste about 47% better, because meat).  I heated them up with crushed tomatoes and various spices and a little olive oil, some broccoli and some asparagus, then threw some mozzarella on top.  It stopped me from being hungry, and I have several more servings left to see if I will live, and if I will find merit in them.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Meatless 'meatballs' are unpossible.

A better term would be 'veg wads'.

It is weird hearing @Randomguy use the meatless meatballs term.  He's been vehement in the past sticking with his old timey "milk" definitions, so not sure what got into him this time????  Has new love brought new joy into his soul?

12 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I like both the Meatless Balls and the Meatballs from TJs.  I find the meatless ones tend to be smaller, and eventually break down into the sauce if simmered long enough.

Hmm, I didn’t get these from TJ’s, some Amazon grocery thing.  I will try the TJ’s ones next. 

I went to Trader Joe’s last night and got eggs, butter, ground beef, pickle flavored chips, bacon, beans, jarred Alfredo sauce, and vegan pasta bolognese, which I haven’t had yet. 

The chips were awesome, btw.  As far as the vegan stuff, I generally only care if something tastes good. I do have a rule that, whenever I go grocery shopping, I have to buy one item I never have bought before. I have found some clunkers doing that, but have also found some great things, too.  It helps me keep an open mind about food, you see. 

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I do have a rule that, whenever I go grocery shopping, I have to buy one item I never have bought before. I have found some clunkers doing that, but have also found some great things, too.

I try to do that with beer - when I go somewhere with local beers in the grocery store, I buy one or two 4-packs/6-packs.   

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It helps me keep an open mind about food, you see. 

Nothing screams "open mind" like beotching endlessly about "almond milk", does it?!?!?  :D

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

othing screams "open mind" like beotching endlessly about "almond milk", does it?!?!?  :D

Almond milk is treachery, pure and simple!

Real cow’s milk is so good that nothing can replace it, fake milks are never the right answer. 

• Whatever 1

19 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

WRONG!  Oat chemical toilet water is far more accurate.  Oat garbage sewage would also be correct.  It ain't milk, or anything like it.

Thank god RO is a product of and lives in the 21st century, not a throwback to the bygone and so toxic 20th century!

One word: Neuroplasticity!

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Thank god RO is a product of and lives in the 21st century, not a throwback to the bygone and so toxic 20th century!

One word: Neuroplasticity!

Oat "milk" is composed entirely of hate, chemicals, and failure, no question about it.  Real milk from the filthy bulging lower jugs of a smelly beast is made from nature's bounty of grass, small bugs, and love.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Randomguy said:

It stopped me from being hungry, and I have several more servings left to see if I will live, and if I will find merit in them.

I am having much the same meal again now, and they are growing on me a bit.  No asparagus today, and LOTS of broccoli.  I suspect the broccoli throws this meal into the healthyish category.  A little.

One cannot use the term Bolognese and vegan in the same sentence except for instances like, “I cannot eat Bolognese sauce as I am a vegan.” Bolognese sauce is made with meat. A sauce made with a meat substitute is not a Bolognese sauce, it is an abomination.

meatless balls are not “meatballs” they are just balls. “I had meatless meatballs with pasta” is wrong. “I had balls with my pasta.” Is correcter. 

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

One cannot use the term Bolognese and vegan in the same sentence except for instances like, “I cannot eat Bolognese sauce as I am a vegan.” Bolognese sauce is made with meat. A sauce made with a meat substitute is not a Bolognese sauce, it is an abomination.

meatless balls are not “meatballs” they are just balls. “I had meatless meatballs with pasta” is wrong. “I had balls with my pasta.” Is correcter. 

Vegballs would work, I think.  RE is coming for you, btw.