So I have a mess o’ collard greens on the stove

Ralphie

36 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

yucky.gif.02b340a27afeb3d90978406384e575d2.gif

That is what mrs seabury is going to say when she gets home and smells them. :rolleyes:
I did accessorize them with scallions and roasted red peppers. 
They are so good I have to stifle myself from eating  the whole pot at once.  My digestive tract would punish me if I did that. :D

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Man I love me some collard greens.

A few years back I was in Florida on business and my hotel was next to a BBQ joint.  I got a bbq platter and one of the sides was a small dish of collard greens.  I asked the waitress if I could get another side of greens, and before I was done asked for a third side.  When the third serving came out the chef/cook came out with the waitress, a sweet old black lady.

Who’s eatin all my collard greens, is that you eating all my greens?!?!  Yes mam, I spent some time in the south so know good southern cookin but I live in CA and good collard greens are hard to come by. 

Looking at the waitress, you be sure to give this gentlemen some greens to go on me.  She gave me a big hug and shuffled back into the kitchen laughing a Californian who loves collard greens, ain’t that somethin!!!!

Haven’t had good collard greens since.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

17 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

BuffCarla, having grown up on Southern Comfort food, is quite discriminating about her collards. Her mom makes them with smoked Turkey. 

I would make them with Montreal Smoked Meat, then forget to add the collard greens.  

I am of the opinion that everything is better without collard greens.  :) 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 1