The sheetrock has arrived!

MickinMD

I was wiring a house, big custom design on a huge lot on the edge of the city. The driveway was going to cross a little creek and there were permits involved, so the temporary access was a long rough path across a shallow spot and through the field that would someday be a lawn.

Rough in was pretty much done, electric and plumbing, insulation and drywall were next on the schedule.

Glancing out the window I couldn't help but notice a beat up, old, loud Ford pickup towing a big trailer with a huge load of sheetrock on it. Not going slow. Going pretty damn fast, dust fling everywhere, followed by a couple carloads of long hairs.

As the cloud of dust settled the gang invaded the house, the long hair who had been driving the truck took charge. Stomping through the house the horde in tow he was yelling out instructions. I never heard so many F-bombs so loudly and clearly called out in the course of assigning people to carry heavy shit. It took double F-bombs to get up the stairs. I have never seen a load of material be distributed so fast either. They were efficient, fast, and loud, and profane. And more than a little scary.

They were excellent drywallers, did a very good job and did it quick.

I asked the general contractor about them. He agreed they were excellent workers, but he only used them when he was in a bind.

I raised an eyebrow, all he said was that there had been issues...   

• Heart 2

On 5/19/2021 at 8:55 PM, Further said:

. Not going slow. Going pretty damn fast, dust fling everywhere, followed by a couple carloads of long hairs.

Speaking of longhairs, guess who is getting a real haircut this morning? Grandkids say I have to keep the long beard.

• Heart 2