My contractor got to meet my mother for a moment

Dirtyhip

You know the concrete blurbs at the end and during the pour process?

they blurbed all over my ditch where the French drain is pouring into. My mother manifested out of me for a moment.

I had plans to create a permaculture there with raspberry, clover, lupine, and assorted wildflowers.
The ditch has not been restored. They removed all of the blurbs. There are a few bits but I’m not breaking their balls over that.

I'm not sure what a concrete  blurb is , but I'm glad you got it resolved. Your permaculture sounds nice (actually I don't even know what a permaculture is, but those plants sound lovely). :nodhead:

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

You know the concrete blurbs at the end and during the pour process?

they blurbed all over my ditch where the French drain is pouring into. My mother manifested out of me for a moment.

I had plans to create a permaculture there with raspberry, clover, lupine, and assorted wildflowers.
The ditch has not been restored. They removed all of the blurbs. There are a few bits but I’m not breaking their balls over that.

:needpics:

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I'm not sure what a concrete  blurb is

She's talking about the excess from a pour.  The contractor always has to order a bit more than they calculate just in case.  Better to be a 1/2 yard over than 1/2 a yard under.  You have to complete the pour.  So there is always a little left over after every pour.  As @Airehead said it has to go somewhere.  And they have to clean out the drum before they return to the plant.  That waste water has to go somewhere.  Every construction site I have ever been on has some excess concrete somewhere.  It gets cleaned up when the sire does.  They have to empty and clean the drum after every pour or it destroys the drum.  It's just a given.  Now if a homeowner happens to get some where she doesn't want it .....

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

She's talking about the excess from a pour.  The contractor always has to order a bit more than they calculate just in case.  Better to be a 1/2 yard over than 1/2 a yard under.  You have to complete the pour.  So there is always a little left over after every pour.  As @Airehead said it has to go somewhere.  And they have to clean out the drum before they return to the plant.  That waste water has to go somewhere.  Every construction site I have ever been on has some excess concrete somewhere.  It gets cleaned up when the sire does.  They have to empty and clean the drum after every pour or it destroys the drum.  It's just a given.  Now if a homeowner happens to get some where she doesn't want it .....

Oh.  Why don't they just use a disposable receptacle and cart it away?  Concrete shoes for somebody close to a deep river is fine for that sort of thing, I would think.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

In your part of the world, excess concrete is used to bury mobsters before they go for a final swim in the River.  

Yeah, I would be pissed if someone added a half-yard of concrete, I would demand they remove it right away, and use lots of expletives while questioning their ability to follow plans.  Measure twice, assholes.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, I would be pissed if someone added a half-yard of concrete, I would demand they remove it right away, and use lots of expletives while questioning their ability to follow plans.  Measure twice, assholes.

When I poured my driveway it rained hard the day before and there was some settling. When we got to the end of a 100 foot pour we came up 1/2 yard short. 

Do you know what you have to pay to get a half yard of concrete delivered on a Saturday. It would have been cheaper to have 3 yards over then a 1/2 short 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BR46 said:

When I poured my driveway it rained hard the day before and there was some settling. When we got to the end of a 100 foot pour we came up 1/2 yard short. 

Do you know what you have to pay to get a half yard of concrete delivered on a Saturday. It would have been cheaper to have 3 yards over then a 1/2 short 

This every time.

p.s. There should never be any settling before a pour.

38 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This every time.

p.s. There should never be any settling before a pour.

It doesn't take much when it spread out with a 13x100 foot pour.

I poured it 25 years ago and still no cracks 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

That doesn't matter at all when plans are finalized.  If the plans say 60 feet of concrete, the final better damn well be 60 feet, not 60.5 or worse.  Where the concrete layers take any excess concrete offsite is their problem, not the homeowners.  I don't think I would want to hear them bitch about their problems, they should sort that shit out before they become pourers of concrete, I want to hear that plans are followed to the quarter inch or less.

• Haha 1