Kim's Convenience

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by shootingstar,

• Solution

We didn't spend time when we were in Seoul to see if there were 711 stores...

The Canadian show "Kim's Convenience", is probably known by some English-fluent Koreans in big cities... 

We found a tiny mom-daughter dinner place.  I'm about to eat octopus from that big huge savoury  crepe dish. In front of me, in steel bowl...is actually restaurant's version of bimbap. No, it wasn't on sizzling hot stone.  

And it was all an authentic, healthy meal. Actually I only had a bit of kimchi...I was getting tired of seeing kimchi (I know there are different versions/mixes) with many of their dishes.

eatingbimbappancake.jpg?w=767&h=1024

• Heart 3

19 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

The Canadian show "Kim's Convenience", is probably known by some English-fluent Koreans in big cities... 

We found a tiny mom-daughter dinner place.  I'm about to eat octopus from that big huge savoury  crepe dish. In front of me, in steel bowl...is actually restaurant's version of bimbap. No, it wasn't on sizzling hot stone.  

And it was all an authentic, healthy meal. Actually I only had a bit of kimchi...I was getting tired of seeing kimchi (I know there are different versions/mixes) with many of their dishes.

That's a lot of food!   :)

I usually just go to Kim's for the cherry slushies.  

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Octopus is delicious when prepared correctly. I at a whole one in Portugal, and it was yummy. Well, I ate all the arms anyway. I don't think you are supposed to eat the body.

Octopus baked.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Octopus is delicious when prepared correctly. I at a whole one in Portugal, and it was yummy. Well, I ate all the arms anyway. I don't think you are supposed to eat the body.

Octopus baked.jpg

Looks....like their traditional way of serving octopus.

Octopus should not be cooked too long so it's still tender tasting in texture. Cooking squid is a baby step to octopus culinary understanding.

Because of its slightly rubbery texture, I would tend to slice up the legs/arms to serve. That looks abit intimidating to dig in!

19 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Octopus baked.jpg

Kim's in Greenville does not carry octopus or swordfish on sticks. If y'all like, I can pick you up some Andy Capp fries, Almonds Joys, and a large soft ice cream cone. 

Kim's also can handle our bets on the horses but you didn't hear that from me.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1