I’m missing this woman so bad

Longjohn

You had the opportunity to be with her for so long and have a wonderful life with her with lots of great memories.  Many people aren't as lucky

It would be odd if you didn't miss her.  Shoot, I didn't know her but I miss her now, too!  You were incredibly fortunate to have found each other!

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

John, it breaks my heart watching you go through this. My wife and I, semi jokingly, made a pact that we’re going out at the same time so that neither of us has to deal with the loss. 

But remember this, you have your faith. And you know that this is not the end; that there is a great restoration coming. 

My heart and my prayers go out to you. But as Aire mentioned, the alternative is to have never had what you two had.  And that would be a shame. In this world, true love, one that stands the test of time and the rigors of living, one that understands the joys of sharing the heart and the pains of separation should be recognized and celebrated.  

If you need to talk, you have my number. 

• Heart 2

Whenever I hear or read of someone in this situation, I realize I cannot begin to imagine the depth of loss you must feel. I may come to experience it first hand one day, but for now, all I can say is you are in my thoughts. Stay strong and all that. The world is a better place for having you in it.

• Heart 2

Oh John..hang on...hang on to memories...hold on..hold on to your faith..reach out..cos that is what friends and family are for....I agree..look for a grief group..and be kind to yourself..it is ok to cry..for that matter getting mad and a few cuss words could help in a moment.  It ain't  about your health or heart attack..you got a damn big hole in that heart..that was Esther..in the physical..but she is with you in spirit...she will help you mend.... hugs and prayers.

• Heart 3

I'm so sorry to hear this LJ, but not surprised.  You've spent the last few years focusing all your energy on taking care of your wife, you never had the time to process your emotions.  I'm glad you're talking to your doctor and getting help.  Grief counseling may also be helpful.

Unfortunately the more you loved her, the harder the loss - and it's clear you loved her very much. 

• Heart 3