The PGA Championship started today in SC

Road Runner

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We were up riding at Torrey Pines last weekend, and it was starting to heat up there as well.  Lots of signs directing deliveries for the US Open.  I hadn't realized it was there this year, but I guess it is!

Did you ride up the hill to Torrey Pines on PCH?  I haven’t done it since the early 1980’s but the “Torrey Pines hill” is a local landmark for riders. 

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Did you ride up the hill to Torrey Pines on PCH?  I haven’t done it since the early 1980’s but the “Torrey Pines hill” is a local landmark for riders. 

I meant to write a drivel filled thread for you, but this is as good as place as any :)

Saturday, my wife and I threw the bikes in the car, drove down to THE DEL MAR DOG BEACH :happyanim: ( a @Randomguy FAVORITE) and parked just south of it on the road.  We then rode the bikes down to Torrey Pines, rode up the PARK road to the top, and, since it is now one way (up only) for cyclists, we rode down the PCH hill - coasting the whole way.  My wife was VERY irritated at the time that I took her up that hill, but happy afterwards.

Anyway, back to our car on the bikes, loaded them up, and then walked down to the beach, watched the dogs playing in the surf, and then a nice long stroll south from there, a bit of a snack on the beach, and absolutely no ogling of gals in bikinis playing volleyball.

If you and RG just followed me on Strava, all this would be well known by now :D

• Heart 2

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I meant to write a drivel filled thread for you, but this is as good as place as any :)

Saturday, my wife and I threw the bikes in the car, drove down to THE DEL MAR DOG BEACH :happyanim: and parked just south of it on the road.  We then rode the bikes down to Torrey Pines, rode up the PARK road to the top, and, since it is now one way (up only) for cyclists, we rode down the PCH hill - coasting the whole way.  My wife was VERY irritated at the time that I took her up that hill, but happy afterwards.

Anyway, back to our car on the bikes, loaded them up, and then walked down to the beach, watched the dogs playing in the surf, and then a nice long stroll south from there, a bit of a snack on the beach, and absolutely no ogling of gals in bikinis playing volleyball.

nudist beach?  

• Hugs 1

18 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Waiting for Chris and RG to recommend a few.

There was one somewhere by San Onofre years ago, not sure if it’s still there & its name escapes me.  Years ago I was talking to someone who went there often and she said, it’s not what you think.  It’s mostly old leathery fat people like me... Ahh I’ll pass.

46 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

There was one somewhere by San Onofre years ago, not sure if it’s still there & its name escapes me.  Years ago I was talking to someone who went there often and she said, it’s not what you think.  It’s mostly old leathery fat people like me... Ahh I’ll pass.

San Onofre always reminds me of BOOBIES!!!!

image.png.377e7831999fb37b7a4c34f51aa67c37.png

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Right!?!?!  That’s what we call them!

If you're gonna design nuclear reactors, in Southern California, it is always best to bring in the most talented architects and engineers.  They should have sold some advertising space on the towers, though, to some enterprising plastic surgeons.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

If you're gonna design nuclear reactors, in Southern California, it is always best to bring in the most talented architects and engineers.  They should have sold some advertising space on the towers, though, to some enterprising plastic surgeons.

Not sure if you heard but San Onofre is being decommissioned.  It may already be.  Not sure what the plan is for the site long term but it’s prime real estate for sure.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Years ago I was talking to someone who went there often and she said, it’s not what you think.  It’s mostly old leathery fat people like me... Ahh I’ll pass.

Many people miss the whole point of nudism.  It's not about what other nudists may look like.  It's about being nude and the freedom of living life without unnecessary societal clothing restrictions.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Many people miss the whole point of nudism.  It's not about what other nudists my look like.  It's about being nude and the freedom of living life without any societal clothing restrictions.

That's YOUR perspective!  I'd say to some it IS about the other naked folks :D

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Many people miss the whole point of nudism.  It's not about what other nudists my look like.  It's about being nude and the freedom of living life without any societal clothing restrictions.

I’m sure that’s why the regulars go, but most dudes have a mental image of babes playing volley ball nude...

• Heart 1