Anyone do something to torment co-workers?

KrAzY

I once had two lab techs working under me in an industrial pilot plant.  One was "born again" and would preach salvation to the other two of us - both Catholic.

It got to the point where every time the preacher would start up, we'd reply that he'd never get to heaven until he joined the "one, true religion" that gave us extra benefits: we could go on a murder spree and, just as we were dying from the cops gunning us down, we could say an "Act of Contrition" and go to Heaven.

We didn't believe any of that (which had been mostly drummed into us in pre-Ecumenical Council Catholic schools but wasn't current) but it was worth it to shut up the preacher and watch him grind his teeth.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

If any of the co-workers had an ounce of pride, they'd slap an "I" at the start of you sticker. 

None of them do, they just like to complain.. that’s what makes it fun

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I gotta wonder if it is better to be a big fish in a little pond, little fish in a huge pond, or with similar fish in a normal pond.

it's better to be the person everyone counts on, because whatever trouble you cause.. you basically get away with it since no one knows how to do your job. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

It would have created more trouble than it was worth where I worked during my career.

I could see that, but it’s always fun to stir the pot a little :)

plus you didn’t work with the woke generation. 

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2021 at 7:55 AM, KrAzY said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one.. 

So my HR guy came to work yesterday and we were just shooting the shit. For once the visit was not about me or something it did. 
One of the things we we talked about was the sensitivity of some of our new younger co-workers and how everything is offensive now.. he brought up about how many times he has redivide calls about the stickers on some vehicles in the parking lot.. 

At that point I’m laughing because two stickers he mentioned were mine. 
At first I had a 2” Sasquatch giving the middle finger, found out someone was upset by it….. so I took it off and made one that was 10” tall.. that person got really outraged by it.

last night I noticed all the coexist stickers on the vehicles and felt I need to fit in, so I made a new sticker.. 

oh I’m just going to sit back and see how long I’m called about this one.

334FE1D9-D45D-4BAA-BA31-062242068391.jpeg

I so need that sticker.  I am sure you could sell 47 million of them. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I so need that sticker.  I am sure you could sell 47 million of them. 

As of a few min ago. I have already made just shy of $500 making that sticker.. been up on my site less then 24 hours. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:59 PM, KrAzY said:

it's better to be the person everyone counts on, because whatever trouble you cause.. you basically get away with it since no one knows how to do your job. :)

There is a quote in our organization

"The easiest way to experience disappointment is assume you are irreplaceable"

• Heart 1

Just now, Zephyr said:

For me, I run courses that people line up and volunteer to take.  Think 'diver boot camp' Tormenting then is literally in my job description.

I think some other swimming slackers and I tormented the college swim coach whose job it was to get us to pass the college phys Ed requirement to swim a pool length. We were so pitiful he had to settle for a width. :D  It had to be toughest for him that he was used to coaching good swimmers. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

There is a quote in our organization

"The easiest way to experience disappointment is assume you are irreplaceable"

I almost am irreplaceable.. the only thing a few people know about my job is I do it and they don't get a call from corporate like they used to weekly about things not getting done. 
I am on track to live off my sugar mama by the end of the year and just run out side business full time.. When I do leave the store, They lose all the artwork I have done, programs I wrote and use, and someone to ask all the questions too.. I have tried to train people, but none are able to keep up or understand the ins and outs of what I do for some reason. 

I know I am replaceable, and have known that from day one.. but they are gonna get hit hard when I do leave. 

• Haha 1

I had a CO who was a womanizer and kept two neat rows of individually boxed condoms and individually wrapped tea bags in his desk drawer.  

I went about half way down the rows, took them apart, swapped the contents including stapling a rolled out condom to the tea bag string and carefully glued it all closed. 

There was a $1200 pool on which he would find first. 

Turns out, he drank a lot more tea than he got laid.  The look on his face when he pulled the condom out of his tea wrapper was priceless.  

:) 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2