How long has it been since you had your vision checked?

jsharr

Rudy had his annual trip the the vets this morning.  Talking with the vet, she said that Rudy is the only Airedale she has as a patient.  She bought this practice 2 years ago and Rudy is it.  She came from a practice down near the Indiana boarder (Coldwater area close to where you sitting with your engine off)).  She said that at that place they cared for Airedales from an Airedale rescue outfit so she had them all the time.  She didn't realize how much she missed them until Rudy visited this morning.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Rudy had his annual trip the the vets this morning.  Talking with the vet, she said that Rudy is the only Airedale she has as a patient.  She bought this practice 2 years ago and Rudy is it.  She came from a practice down near the Indiana boarder (Coldwater area close to where you sitting with your engine off)).  She said that at that place they cared for Airedales from an Airedale rescue outfit so she had them all the time.  She didn't realize how much she missed them until Rudy visited this morning.

So fix this and get another damn Airedale!  Sheesh.

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

May be an image of fruit and text that says 'Eye Test Pm Yellow: You are normal Red: See a doctor Blue: You need a new puppy'

Being slightly red-green color blind, this is one of those shades where I can't tell if it's blue or purple!  Of course, I see blue but the shade (which color blind people see better than those with normal vision) is such I'd believe it if someone told me it's purple.

I have Paintshop Pro which analyzes colors and it says the lighter parts of the banana are about 35 parts red, 127 parts green, and 196 parts blue, so my excellent shade vision isn't totally off!

Before modern electronics, dye factories used to have a piles of yarn pieces with lots of different colors and would ask job applicants to sort them into same-color piles.  Those who failed, the color-blind, were the ones they hired because of their greater ability to identify differences in shade.

Supposedly, most normal vision people can't read what's written the pic below because of slight shade differences being undetectable, but it's strikingly clear to me:

reverse_color_blindness_test.gif

In the one below, we color-blind people see only the yellow square while normal vision also sees a faint brown circle - I can't see the circle:

card6.jpg

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

Being slightly red-green color blind, this is one of those shades where I can't tell if it's blue or purple!  Of course, I see blue but the shade (which color blind people see better than those with normal vision) is such I'd believe it if someone told me it's purple.

I have Paintshop Pro which analyzes colors and it says the lighter parts of the banana are about 35 parts red, 127 parts green, and 196 parts blue, so my excellent shade vision isn't totally off!

Before modern electronics, dye factories used to have a piles of yarn pieces with lots of different colors and would ask job applicants to sort them into same-color piles.  Those who failed, the color-blind, were the ones they hired because of their greater ability to identify differences in shade.

Supposedly, most normal vision people can't read what's written the pic below because of slight shade differences being undetectable, but it's strikingly clear to me:

reverse_color_blindness_test.gif

In the one below, we color-blind people see only the yellow square while normal vision also sees a faint brown circle - I can't see the circle:

card6.jpg

I see little to nothing in the top pic, and both the square & circle in the second one.