Expanding Our Menu A Bit?

Razors Edge

Any or All?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming proper preparation & cooking by locals skilled in doing so, which of these would you readily eat?

• Amur Leopard
    • Black Rhino
    • Bornean Orangutan
    • Cross River Gorilla
    • Eastern Lowland Gorilla
    • Hawksbill Turtle
    • Javan Rhino
    • "Regular" Orangutan
    • Saola
    • Sumatran Elephant
    • Sumatran Orangutan
    • Sumatran Rhino
    • Sunda Tiger
    • Vaquita
    • Western Lowland Gorilla
    • Yangtze Finless Porpoise
    • Dog
    • Cat
    • RABBIT

Cambridge Maryland’s annual Crawfish Boil and Muskrat Stew is a must go .

I’ve had the broiled muskrat at Dave’s Pottsville Dinner. which, I’ve heard tell, is the pinnacle of the preparation. He passed a few years ago along with his secret glaze for broiled muskrat. For those of you who aren’t familiar, muskrat generally is either slow-cooked off the bone and served in a kind of stew.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Orangs and Gorillas belong to the Great Ape group we Humans and Chimps and Bonobos also belong to and I'd be uncomfortable eating any of them.

Even if they were cooked just right?  Like a pig at a luau, so that the meat is super tender, falls off the bone, and flavored perfectly?  It shouldn't be uncomfortable eating lower on the food chain.  As the top of the top, we ought to have our choice of the best and no limits to what we like.  If you are worried about endangered or whatever, the market will decide that and price it accordingly.

Maybe if we could couple a "thrill of the hunt" to it?  So the rarer and more challenging animals fall under a weekend adventure, where a group (or solo) could roll out on a safari and bag dinner?  Would the knowledge you hunted down and killed the bonobo or the orangutan make it a little more palatable? 

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

So we all learn what a vaquita is.

What is it, btw?  I am too lazy to look it up.

It is one of the two animals on the list I had to google.  Pretty neat little guy!  And likely delicious with potatoes in a soup or stew.  I bet the Asians eat it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It seems that there is nothing that Asians in Asia won't eat.  

Exactly!  Are the better than us? Are they smarter than us? NO!  Darn it, we need to UP OUR GAME!  Seriously, being a one trick pony - BACON - really is pretty desperate for a country like ours.  We can and should exert our ownership of all things great and small and start eating like we're the ALPHA/APEX and reap the rewards of such a diverse and tasty diet.