Ok...I need ideas

petitepedal

Note the spot where the water drips from.

Use a magnet to stick a piece of string to that spot.

Cut the top off a 2 liter plastic bottle and set in on the slab out of the way. 

Put a rock in the bottom of the bottle to keep it upright.

Use a clothes pin to clip the string to the side of the bottle, on the side away from the container, making sure the string is fairly tight.

The water will drip onto the string and follow the string all the way down to the clothes pin, then onto the clothes pin where it will drip into the bottom of the bottle.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Use a clothes pin to clip the string to the side of the bottle, on the side away from the container, making sure the string is fairly tight.

The water will drip onto the string and follow the string all the way down to the clothes pin, then onto the clothes pin where it will drip into the bottom of the bottle.

That reminds me something I haven't thought of in years!

At my high school senior prom, three fellow seniors asked my girlfriend and me to be lookouts for them while they played a prank.

They went up the stairs to the 2nd floor, positioned themselves almost right over the punch bowl, lowered what looked like packaging twine with a weight of some kind attached to it, swung it back and forth until dropping the weight in the bowl, and poured a fifth of vodka down the string.  Most of it made it in the bowl and what missed landed in a blocked-off area.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Use pvc pipe or a gutter to drain it off the terrace.

Ralph the Redneck

Yep.  Funnel and some pvc pipe and fittings some plumbers strap and screws and you can catch it just under  her deck and redirect it

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Drop a law suit on Margaret.  :) 

No..when her backed up dishwasher overflowed and ruined my kitchen..her insurance passed cos at 91..she didnt admit to an issue...her mental capacity is diminished...I did stop up to see her today..her neighbor Karen moved to senior housing..they were neighbors when raising their kids..and Margaret moved in here about 16 years ago..I am sure she misses her.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

23 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Used this once when an ice dam caused a bay window to leak.  Kept me dry till spring when the roof and window were replaced.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1