So are you a sitting under a palm tree kind of person? I am!

Ralphie

I read a while ago in some article how the Arthur had no interest in that kind of retaarment. I think I can handle it. Ever since our honeymoon in Hawaii where the hotel had a gorgeous hot tub and pool surrounded by tropical plants it has appealed to me. Sure I will need to get up once in a while, but that will help break the routine.  And it will be mostly in my sloth like pace. :) 

A guy at work got a place in Costa Rica and said he was not going to have a rocking chair retaarment. I was exhausted just listening to him, with his trips back and forth.

• Heart 2

51 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

It depends on what kind of palm tree. The vista my son rented had date palm trees and they were fairly safe to sit under. The coconut palms you might need to wear a helmet on a windy day.

I’ve got that covered. My two palm trees are small - no coconuts or even dates. :D

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Me neither. My ADHD would not allow that. 

I am a little adhd too, but in a lazy way. :P

So I have occasionally gotten a little antsy after a couple of days of nothing, and started to look at walking the dawg in the park as a chore, so I will have to add some variety, which I hear is the spice of life. And I DO like spice. :D

Plus I also hear that sloth is a mortal sin or some such, so there is that  :(

I like cruises where there are a couple busy days walking, swimming, etc. in ports and then a day at sea where I can stretch out and watch Canada or Cuba or Greek Islands or Chinese towns with groups of people doing Tai Chi along the bank of the Yangtze, etc. pass by while I sip a drink and eat a snack.

Unless it's a beach resort, though, I like to be on the move when I'm on land.

• Awesome 1

35 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

So I have occasionally gotten a little antsy after a couple of days of nothing

That is not ADHD, trust me.  I would love to be a 'sit under a tree' kind of guy but I am good for about an hour, then I need to find stuff to do.  My wife understands and even when we travel south to a resort, I will sit for 30 minutes and then go exploring or wandering, then come back in a while, then off again.

Sitting under a tree, my 'little antsy' triggers at literally 15-30 minutes.  I would love to do a couple days

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

A guy at work got a place in Costa Rica and said he was not going to have a rocking chair retaarment. I was exhausted just listening to him, with his trips back and forth.

Costa Rica, Hawaii, or even here in California, it is really a "do what you want" sort of deal.  I'm 100% relaxing under a palm tree, next to the ocean or a pool, reading and relaxing - for hours.  That's called recharging or recovering, and pretty much a key component of living.  On the other hand, like when we've been in Costa Rica or Hawaii, it is time to get out and do some fun stuff.  Hiking, swimming, eating, riding, whatever.  Get out, have some fun doing some adventures, and take advantage of the near perfect temps that make living in Costa Rica, Hawaii, or California do great.

• Heart 1

When I lived in Key West (thanks Navy) palm tree breaks were something you did every now and then just because.  The Island is about 3 miles across and we walked everywhere except for the trips to Miami.  It was normal to stop every now and then and sit under a palm and have a sip of something cool.

• Awesome 1

My dream house would be built in the woods in between turns 3 and 5 at the braking zone. I'd be sitting out on the deck having my morning coffee as the Indy cars would be going past at 200+ mph. 

I know it wouldn't be for everyone but it would be my dream home. 

20210522_213806.thumb.jpg.787ea812bf104176849fa198609ff24e.jpg

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Mrs insists to move down south where its warm year around. I told her I'd miss her. :angry:

I still needs my four seasons.

As much as I get sick of shoveling snow I still enjoy winter activities 

What we do when we get sick of winter is jump in the motorhome and drive south for a while. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, Wilbur said:

I had breakfast under a palm tree this morning and enjoyed it immensely. 

Yep - at least one meal a day (all if drag myself outside for my coffee as the sun comes up) is always next to or under a palm tree lately.  And rides. My rides are all under palm trees and that makes thing WAY great. Or just wandering around town has me passing in and out of palm trees.  It's lovely.  No coconuts, though. Not sure where those are.

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Florida has 4 seasons.  Early summer, Summer, Late summer and Next summer.

And ALLIGATORS and HURRICANES.  People  need to avoid places like Florida altogether, as it is downright dangerous and awful to even consider living there, let alone actually do it!!!  From what I gather through very careful research, North Dakota is the safest and best state to live.  If folks are thinking Florida is a better option, they ought to reconsider and factor in the gators and the hurricanes.