Happy Saturday!

petitepedal

Got into cleaning my microwave/hoodvent... I almost over steeped my Lost Malawi tea..:frantics:I was probably in there close to 3 minutes...they call for 2..much more and it would have been bitter :(..

TMI..before bed last night  my tummy wasn't  happy..so I scrubbed and bleached my kitchen sinks... One chore ahead of the game this morning..having tea, had breakfast ..dishwasher is going...might head out for a quick walk before our day gets too hot.

I need to get a new curtain rod for my living room..so shopping is on the agenda!  Otherwise a mellow weekend planned.

• Heart 4

Got the brisket on the smoker. 15 lbs of USDA Prime brisket. 
Did a nice ride, 19 miles with 1,100 feet of climbing. Nice two lane country roads, some gravel, so I rode the AWOL and not the road bike. Met a guy who lives nearby who wants to ride with me. He is also new to the area, used to live in DC as he’s a chaplain on Capitol Hill. We exchanged phone numbers. Got a new riding buddy. Brisket is doing well after three hours, I’ll check temperatures at the four hour mark and see if it’s time to wrap. 

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I might try going for a walk up to see Jack today. I don’t know if I have that kind of energy. I sure don’t feel like I used to.

Jack would enjoy the visit.

• Heart 3

56 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I might try going for a walk up to see Jack today. I don’t know if I have that kind of energy. I sure don’t feel like I used to.

Be careful!  I hope you have a cell phone to contact someone if you feel like you need to sit before completing going or returning.

Walking to see Jack is about it..gotta start with baby steps Longjohn..

Kinda like starting over..I am looking forward to going back to my trainer..but I sure as hell hope he takes it easy on all of me for a couple of weeks..not just my shoulder..We just gotta take our time coming back after down time.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Walking to see Jack is about it..gotta start with baby steps Longjohn..

Kinda like starting over..I am looking forward to going back to my trainer..but I sure as hell hope he takes it easy on all of me for a couple of weeks..not just my shoulder..We just gotta take our time coming back after down time.

Did you ever determine the cause of your shoulder injury?

Age, use and when I started driving a car as opposed to a pick up..I would carry all my crap in my right arm and get in the driver side of the vehicle...extending said crap to the passenger side..I probably injured it doing that..but the pain issue didnt show up until my shoulder got inflamed wearing my camelbak on the Great Adventure :blink:. No real single event

• Heart 1

Changed the oil in the Mazda. Visited the farmers market and bought strawberries, green beans, sugar snap peas, lettuce, and local raw honey. Went to look at landscape stones but they closed at noon. Shopped for a chainsaw, they are out of Stihl but had Husqvarna in a 20”. Didn’t buy. Picked up some beer and groceries on the way home. A variety 12 pack from DCBrau, some Old Rasputin, and Flying Dog’s Gonzo Imperial Porter aged in bourbon barrels. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Not going up to see Jack. Got up to go to the kitchen to make a sandwich and only made it half way there. Laid on the floor for awhile and then made my sandwich.

@Longjohn...do you get up from the chair..and start moving to the other room..like any normal person would? Maybe, if your blood pressure is low.....stand up..by your chair and pause a bit..before walking to the other room..that might help...Sorry big guy..hope they figure this out soon!!